Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recenlty my car has been missing everyonce in a while. Now it misses all the time. I checked the codes, eventhough there was no checklight. To my surprise code 14 came up. I went to MKIV.com. It says:

No IGF signal to ECM for 4~7 consecutive IGT signals with engine speed less than 3,000 rpm.

Open or short in IGF circuit from igniter to ECM
Igniter
ECM

Can someone please translate this to english? And better yet have any clue to where I can start to fix my problem?

Thanks,

Sam

J

·
0 Posts
ruup2it- how much was it to fix the igniter? is it the same function as the HKS twin ignition?

ruup2it said:
Does the car drive real rough after 3000 rpm, and in third gear. The Trac off light , the "!" , and the check engine light would come on.
What fixed the problem was replacing the igniter.

I had this problem 2 yrs ago, and when I took this to a Toyota dealer it took them three visits to fix, and they had the nerve to charge for an unrelated part that they changed without needing to.(Throttle position sensor).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yup, I had a new igniter put in too. I had very similar symptoms and from memory the error coed was 14. In my case the pins at the point where the harness connects to the igniter were not making proper contact. Mine took 3 or more visits as well for the dealer to finally nail down the problem.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ruup2it said:
Does the car drive real rough after 3000 rpm, and in third gear. The Trac off light , the "!" , and the check engine light would come on.
What fixed the problem was replacing the igniter.

I had this problem 2 yrs ago, and when I took this to a Toyota dealer it took them three visits to fix, and they had the nerve to charge for an unrelated part that they changed without needing to.(Throttle position sensor).
Actually it idles real ruff every rpm. How can you check the ignitor to see if it's good?

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts