Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think?
I have purchased these rims (cheap enough and I like them) which I had powder coated black chrome (they didn't have gunmetal color at the shop) So that's the closest to it. Now These rims come with little bolts that come off which are chrome plastic and couldn't be painted with rims. Because they had to but those rims on the oven and the plastic pieces would melt. So now I have those little bolts unpainted chrome. Should I have them paint the same color as the rim or leave them chrome. Now some of my friends said to leave like that and put them on, others say just to have them painted. What do you guys think? Now this little things once they go in they don't come off. I broke a whole set already once I put them on by trying to take them off. They are only 5 bucks per set, so I had to buy a set. What should i do? any suggestions? Leave them chrome or paint them?
Here is a picture of the rims with the little bolts on (not all the way in, just sitting on top) Thank you for the suggestions

Here is a close up

Here they are without them little chrome bolts

Here is a picture of my car

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I guess i'll leave them Chrome. I'll swap them soon, just waiting for the tires I order. Those rims came with the car when I bought it. I'll post pictures as soon as I have them on.

·
Blue Thunder
3,595 Posts
Yeah, leave 'em chrome !!! Does the new paint match the car somewhat?
Get those wheels on and bring it out to the MD/VA/PA BBQ May 12th!!!! :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
just out of curiousity what size are those rims and what offset did you get? I am trying to figure out if 35mm offset on a 9.5 inch rear wheel is wide enough to look good on the supra. Is that what those are? Oh and keep em chrome, they make a nice contrast!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are some pictures....not so great (bad weather all this time) I have put them on but I haven't put the chrome bolts yet. Now the Valve stems are chrome and I realized it will look a little weird with lots of chrome bolts. They will stand out way too much I think. They are Ruff Racing Wheels. 18x8.5 front and 18X9.5 back. They are not as wide I would like but they are good enough. I have too many bills to worry about so I can't get more expensive rims. But I like the way turned out, makes my car looks more aggressive and the color combination is great!!
I'll get better pictures when the sun decides to come out!

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Dam.. nice.. drop it, please :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts