Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with a new exhaust and down pipe is it going to remove all the cats or no, would i have to get a test pipe to take out the last one or not ? thankz for the help :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The question you should be asking is how much time will it be untill the entire front page is filled with the threads that you started.....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking of maybe geting the HKS, but that is if i dont get a 20g

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah sorry i just got my computer back online lol and i wanted to ask some questions before it breaks again lol and i have be wondering about these things so i thought i ask

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
MK3RACER said:
i was thinking of maybe geting the HKS, but that is if i dont get a 20g
a 20G does not replace the downpipe. It only gives an elbow that goes to the stock location of the downpipe so you still need one.

And if you want the HKS, you are stupid. It is the worst flowing, smallest, and biggest POS downpipe there is. Go research some more.

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
If you have a cat back it will be from "the cat back" . it bolts up to the stock cat. When you get a dp it usually eliminates the upper one. Then you need to either get a highflow to replace the lower on or a test pipe if you want it gone.

If you have a full 3" exhaust the stock cat is a big restriction. Its smaller than 3" and usually after this long they are pretty clogged up.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh well i thought the 20g kit came with a downpipe, but the HKS is the only one that i have seen being sold besides unamed ebay stuff but if you know a better one let me know thankz

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
If you're not going to replace the elbow you don't need to spend a lot of dough on a big DP. but if you're planning on upgrading the elbow get a good one.

the defcon one is good and so is the cooleze. Becauseican makes them on the forums but the lead time is a bit long I think.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh ok well which is the best downpipe out there? i am just wondering and thankz for all the info

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is saying if i dont buy the 20g, and upgrade the 26 or something along those lines

·
Invert.
257 Posts
I have a cooleeze in the mail right now. I bought it because it looks like its got really thick flanges and a flex section. They say the flex has no bottleneck and it comes will all the hardware. I'd recommend just e-mailing the guy or go through ebay rather than a store that just jacks up the price. And yes, you'll need a test pipe. He added one one for me at 50 bucks.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Honestly..... 3 words for you....... BIC Divorced Downpipe

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
yeap i think everyone would agree with ^^^ BIC DDP or just a regular BIC downpipe....

think his name is randy and his name on the forums is becauseican...go do a search and find his webpage, he sells downpipes as well as other parts.

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
the only problem you'll have with the BIC ddp is if you go with the 20g. The BIC pipe has an integrated elbow, will only fit stock turbo output.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
true true... forgot about that.... just means you'll have to get an upgraded CT :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts