Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nitrous Express wet kit lying around from when I had my mustang. I have MHG, intake, exhaust, 3" jbl elbow. I was curious how much I could spray if I was running 10 lbs of boost. I am curious if it increases boost when you spray. Also has anyone else messed with nitrous on a pretty much stock car? Got any ideas? THanks Jake T.

T

·
0 Posts
btownboy said:
I have a Nitrous Express wet kit lying around from when I had my mustang. I have MHG, intake, exhaust, 3" jbl elbow. I was curious how much I could spray if I was running 10 lbs of boost. I am curious if it increases boost when you spray. Also has anyone else messed with nitrous on a pretty much stock car? Got any ideas? THanks Jake T.
i'm running 100 shot, although i don't think its safe cuz my engine makes a bunch of clickidy clacks and what not, and has a burning type smell when on the bottle

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
if its wet, you shouldnt have any problems with a 75 or 100 shot.

if you have the jets, start at 50 and go from there. if you dont hiut fuel cut, change the jets... and since you already have a MHG, you should be fine.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes yes

I would definatley run some octane boost and retard the timing some. On a stang the fuel rail is right there with a FP nipple so all you have to do is screw on the fuel line for the wet kit. Where would I tap into for the fuel line? Any pics ideas? Also what are average dyno gains from about a 50 shot? THanks everyone

T

·
0 Posts
Re: yes yes

btownboy said:
I would definatley run some octane boost and retard the timing some. On a stang the fuel rail is right there with a FP nipple so all you have to do is screw on the fuel line for the wet kit. Where would I tap into for the fuel line? Any pics ideas? Also what are average dyno gains from about a 50 shot? THanks everyone
lol i tapped into the fuel rail by drilling a new hole, octane boost? are you kidding?? THAT SHIT DOESN'T DO SHIT! Use race fuel, or maybe mix some gas with toluene, that'll help, and yes for 50 shot, retard the timing 1-2 degrees, unless you plan on using race gas :)

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Re: yes yes

btownboy said:
octane boost says it will raise octane levels by a certain nbr of points. so lets say you use 93octane (duh) and put in octane booster that "claims" 5 points....so octane booster ups the octane level to.....93.5...if your lucky

just mix with toluene like TRD91whtMK3 ver.2 said to do if you cant get ahold of race gas

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
im not sure, but for the fuel line you maybe be able to insert a T-fitting into a line, or possibly use a spare port on the fuel rail? do a search, its probably been covered.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm

I don't even really need to use it with a 50 shot I was using it for a precautionary measure. But I know that they advertise 7 points and it would only raise 93 octane to 93.7 but doesn't NOS brand do what it is supposed to? Also there is another brand but I forget they are supposed to be the to best. I am sure I will end up getting some 110 but its not the most convenient. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are most of you guys spraying the nitrous into? I would gues right before the throttle body but I was just curious. Thanks Jake T.

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
I also have a NOS kit lying around here... it is a 50shot dry fogger, would it be safe for me to run it with a MHG on the motor? also it has a solinoid that supposidly ups the fuel pressure when the nitrous is engaged, aight peace and thanks for the help

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it true that I will gain more torque than 50 ftlbs with a 50 shot? I have heard that gains are better with a turbo application. Is that correct? Thanks Jake T.

T

·
0 Posts
BlazinTT said:
Running it right in front of the throttle body is the best place. You want it to be as close as possible. You should see a boost jump of 1 or 2 pounds with a 75 shot
NEGATIVE

you want to be 6-11 inches from the throttle body, according to NOS, too close is not good.... i have mine about 11" away, since there's not many places you can put it due to the throttle linkage being in the way.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
TRD91whtMK3 ver.2 said:
NEGATIVE

you want to be 6-11 inches from the throttle body, according to NOS, too close is not good.... i have mine about 11" away, since there's not many places you can put it due to the throttle linkage being in the way.
Let's see a pic, bro...

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have installed 30+ kits and I have found it works best the closer you get, regardless figure you are going to be 5 or 6 inchs away to find a good spot on the 3000 pipe. just my experience though

·
Banned
676 Posts
TRD91whtMK3 ver.2 said:
NEGATIVE

Hmmmm........ i wonder why they make direct port nozzles for the intake then????

T

·
0 Posts
IRACEMYCOPCAR said:
Hmmmm........ i wonder why they make direct port nozzles for the intake then????
well lets think about this... direct port is a MUCH smaller fogger, and is DESIGNED to be closer to the combustion chamber, in the NOS instructions you will see that they say to keep the fogger at least 6" away from the throttle body, and no longer than 12" for maximum efficiency....

BEFORE POSTING, WHY NOT KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, INSTEAD OF MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A BIG DUMBASS, THANK YOU.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
TRD91whtMK3 ver.2 said:
well lets think about this... direct port is a MUCH smaller fogger, and is DESIGNED to be closer to the combustion chamber, in the NOS instructions you will see that they say to keep the fogger at least 6" away from the throttle body, and no longer than 12" for maximum efficiency....

BEFORE POSTING, WHY NOT KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, INSTEAD OF MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A BIG DUMBASS, THANK YOU.
OWNED:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts