Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says. the car is stock as of right now. i was thinking on going intake and full 3" exhaust. anything else?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
step 1- hks 1.2mm mhg and arps plus getting it fixed
step 2 - intake exhaust strut bar

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just got some eibachs with some gr-2 struts. i know its not that amazing, but im impressed over the stock setup. i was thinking about the head gasket. would a cometic be just as good as the mhg???

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Sway bars.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey what up, well I'd like to know on what to spend my money on too, just sold my crx. Well chrono, is your car turbo or na. If it's na like mine then this is what I have done to my car, chipped AFM with filter; try to get a filter with adapter, buy headers, I have a universal N1 style exhaust and got my own custom 3 inch piping and took off the resognator but left the cat sounds good not like them rice rockets my exhaust is deep, if you want to go brand name then I'd suggest HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust, but it's up to whatever you like. You should also get some headers. Just this should run you up about $370 with custom piping done,w/o brand name exhaust. You can get some good looking rims on ebay for under $500. Or you can get a body kit. Well I hope this helped you out in some way, this is just my opininion but I hope you invest your money well.

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks for the advice Manny. my car is a turbo. for now i want to be able to have a reliable daily driver. so im taking MKIIINA's advice and going for the mhg and arps. i will be ordering these from mvp, unless there is another cheaper place???

·
Registered
204 Posts
Go ahead and buy some fuel mods....pump and afpr to start out with and you might have some money left over for some 550s too depending how much the arps and mhg run you. Just my $0.02
-Andy

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
MVP is good. thats where i got my hg and arps from. been a while so i cant remember what i paid. they almost always have the HKS 1.2mm and the arps , if they dont ill be really shocked. the cometic has an annoying rivet in the wrong damn place and i cant understand why people keep going with it {shrug}

·
Registered
362 Posts
yeah so does the titan motorsports one go with the hks or the greddy mhg might as well get a timing belt too i went with a greddy one

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
HG, Intake, Custom Exhaust.

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
what is your final goal??? If the car is running well and you don't really want to push more than 12 - 14 psi I wouldn't bother with a mhg. Remember all the machine work your going to need too. I would think getting a mhg installed would eat up most of your $800, Get a ddp from bic and 3in cat back plus intake and be happy with 280rwhp :)

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
even tho the cometic has the annoying rivet, that u could easily pop out and it doesnt effect its performance in any way

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
DP and exhaust for shur, althoug ive never driven a supra with stock suspension.

~scott

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
turbo87supra said:
Go ahead and buy some fuel mods....pump and afpr to start out with and you might have some money left over for some 550s too depending how much the arps and mhg run you. Just my $0.02
-Andy
Why? :dunno: the 7MGTE has a good enough fuel system to support 450hp. there is a long list of mods needed well before considering fuel upgrades.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts