Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why I do not hear any psss, psss?

Sometimes with full trottle and full boost I loose power but only sometimes - it is not fuel cut, rather air hole. Could it be possible that Apex BOV is not strong enough for BPU?

How does work noise regulation? Small holes = more nois or big holes = more nois?

I did not touch stock BOV, it is like it was before.

Please advice...

S

·
0 Posts
Make certain that it has a leak-free manifold pressure source. If it has an adjustment screw you might want to adjust it per the instructions.

M

·
0 Posts
You need to adjust the screw on the front of it. You probably need to loosen it. I have the same one and had the same problem at first. However, I took off and capped the stock BOV- so I am unable to be sure on anything b/c my setup is a little different. But I am 75% sure that the screw is the culprit

·
Registered
532 Posts
my friend had an apexi bov on his 95 supra, and it was barely audible, if u wanna hear the pss sound then get a blitz or hks
later
kevin

M

·
0 Posts
I don't know, mine's pretty damn loud- especially when you turn it on the loudest setting. You can hear mine from 80mph and under or so.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i justed installed one in pyhcos car and from inside the car you cant here the thing but from out side the car its loud!

if you dont here any noise at all you might have a boost leak some where make sure all the clamps are tight !

·
Banned
336 Posts
I held the record for the louded BOV in so cal for a supra (Apexi BOV with ab-flug hood). But the apex was really fucked up, and was leaking the entire time and i didnt bother to check it. So even tho i do miss the sound, i enjoy hitting 180mph quicker a lot more.

Im going to end up with a Sard BOV this time me thinks. BTW, peter, you sure you installed it correctly? You ran the vacuum line and splited it with the stock BOV line?

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jack B said:
BTW, peter, you sure you installed it correctly? You ran the vacuum line and splited it with the stock BOV line?
No, I have done like in instruction manual - hose from the top of BOV had connected to the hose which is going from Surge Tank to the Power Steering Pump using 3 way nipple. Like in the attached picture ( I have exactly done the same installation)

What is the loudest setting? big holes or small?

You guys were right, I started adjusting and now psssss is present even on neutral gear - after pushing right pedal to high rpm I can hear pssssss, but it is not loud (my APEX'i N1 is much louder) I think the loudest setting is between holes - air has to get thrue very small holes. What is your experience? I want it as loud as possible. Maybe if I bypass factory air valve, I will get real loud...

Advices are very welcome

Thank you very much

·
Banned
336 Posts
I tapped mine where the stock BOV goes to, i thought i got better results that way. I used to have it where you have it. As you adjust it, dont adjust it TOO much. What you want is the stock BOV to handle any negative boost and low boost (1-4psi), and make the apexi bov open after, so theres much less of a chance of it leaking.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
from inside the car it wont sound loud !
have some one sit inside the car and hit the pedal and stand if front o9f teh car you will see how much louder it is than you think!

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BIG THANX

1 - 11 of 11 Posts