Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just purchased a new set of Volk SE37K's from Steve Theodore. I have bought 18x8.5 Front and 18x9.5 Rears. I am not really looking for more "what's the best tire" stuff, but more what is the best SIZE tire I can get. What is the BEST fit for the Supra.
Is the 275/40 the largest tire I can get for the rear? How big should I go in the front? for best balance and handeling? I do not plan on doing any race track stuff, nor do I plan to do much driving in the rain, if I can avoid it, anyway.

If your out there Steve Jarvis, I understand your thr "Guru" on this stuff. Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
532 Posts
for the rears im pretty sure steve will recommend a 265/35 size or 40. personally i would go with 275/35 in the rears. actually i can almost bet steve will recomment a 245/40 and 265 rear combo. since you mentioned that u dont plan on doin any roadracing etc, just get 245/40 and 275/35.

·
3,148 Posts
I would recommend a 255/35R18 front and a 275/35R18 rear. They will both be very close to rubbing, but you should be OK with a proper alignment.

Later, Steve

·
Stock Twins King
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the input. It is definite on the rears at
275/35
But I noticed that the 255/35 are actually smaller overall in diameter by a .30 inch
Would I have a problem with the 245/40 rubbing, since it would be .30 inches larger overall diameter?
It is no big deal here, one is wider and shorter, the other is taller and narrower. Its all about trade-off's

Now I have to decide between Pireli P-Zero, SO-3's, or Dunlop's new tire the SP Sport 9000. They are all about the same price. I prefer the SO-3's cause there supposed to be the quietest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts