Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just preformed the True Twin mod on my 94 Auto.
I noticed a very minor difference in turbo lag. But with the power gain its well worth it.
Very big power improvement as well as throttle response.
The downside is that it makes the exhaust sound allot louder.
I don’t see the big deal why you shouldn’t do the TTC on an Auto.

Stock auto transmission with stock converter.
BPU+

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also make sure that you disable all the VSV's for the turbos and also the pressure tank line. Also disable the Exhaust bypass valve that’s responsible for the prespool of the turbos.

During lunch I spanked a brand new ZR1 (temp plates ) better then I have before. I actually had to let off the gas in order to keep my rear end on the road. No problem here with starting from a dead stop with an auto.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Did you just follow the instructions that are posted on mkiv.com or was there any additional steps to the conversion. Also how much boost are you building off the line? Thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Wired open the valves just like the MKIV tech article said, but they don’t talk about disabling the Vacuum system, pressure tank and Exhaust bypass valve.
I will go test how much boost I can build up. I didn’t look when I was racing the ZR1. My only problem with this mod is the added exhaust noise.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can only build +0.1 bar power braking, But the throttle response is better then before. The boost builds faster too. Try it before you make a decision.

·
Registered
211 Posts
blackbird,

How do you disable the presure tank? I'm going to try it this coming weekend. I don't think it will be that bad at all especially if I launch with a 50 shot.

Thanks,
Long

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you have a boost controller installed and have already caped off the VSV for the wasegate then pull the following hoses and cap them off, in the attached picture.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
supratt320 said:
blackbird,

How do you disable the presure tank? I'm going to try it this coming weekend. I don't think it will be that bad at all especially if I launch with a 50 shot.

Thanks,
Long
No, you will just have a problem keeping the wheels on the ground.

·
0 Posts
hey black bird..i like the idea of the hole in the headlight..but wouldn't that just be asking for trouble when it rains? just a question, cuz that would be a slight power adder on the street.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1_MAD_DAWG said:
hey black bird..i like the idea of the hole in the headlight..but wouldn't that just be asking for trouble when it rains? just a question, cuz that would be a slight power adder on the street.
Thats my drag light. I have the stock one for normal/rain driving.

S

·
0 Posts
whats basicly the diffrence between ttc and the ettc mod? do both the same or is one better?

D

·
0 Posts
blackbird,

I've never heard of anyone capping off all of these hoses before. Where did you get the info on the vacuumes to plug? What do these vaccum hoses control? What, if any are the drawbacks of not plugging these?

Thanks,
Chris

1 - 20 of 61 Posts