Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off,,,MODS please move my thread if im in the wrong section,,,i didnt know exactly where to place this b/c im not doing a review on any parts and im not dyno tunning anything

now,,,im looking for a wideband where i data log with a rpm mechanism so i could make a couple runs and stop for a minute, set my safc, then do a couple more runs on the street to fine tune everything out,,, i will only be tunning on the street and NOT on a dyno,,,what is the easiest w/b for this set up,,,i was leaning to the innovative type 2 with RPM kit

correct me if im wrong,,,but pretty much the only way to tune with a data logging system is if you have an rpm meter on your w/b right,,,or else you wont have an exact area where to tune, correct???

1) i guess my question is how do people tune w/o data logging like the AEM or the PLX m-300???

2) what is the best and easiest type of w/b that uses data logging???

any feedback would e GREAT!!!
thanks much guys

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
take a look at the LM-1. thats the one i'll be getting. i've been looking for the best wideband for a while now and i think this is it. good luck.

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
the LM-1 is a great product, but the bosch sensors they use are CRAP on race gas. As long as you are running pump gas you will be fine, but if you plan on running race gas, you may as well order a couple of o2 sensors.

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
The LM-1 has internal jumpers that allow you to configure it to use either the Bosh or the NTK sensor. Why people so consistently ignore this escapes me.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Lagtime said:
The LM-1 has internal jumpers that allow you to configure it to use either the Bosh or the NTK sensor. Why people so consistently ignore this escapes me.

becasue they get the LM-1 and LC-1 confused. The LC-1 can not take a NTK sensor.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I went with the basic zeitronix kit. It can datalog rpm, boost, egt, tps, a/f, and lambda. It comes with the bosch sensor and the only drawback is you need a laptop hooked up to datalog. Another reason I went with the zeitronix is the lcd display that displays boost, a/f, egt,and one other function so that I dont need to look all over the dash and a-pillar to see whats going on.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm,,,how much do the zeitronixs go for and where can i read up more on it???
does it also have a guage to add on???

lemm eknow
thanks

also, im still curious how people w/o data logging tune their car on the street

·
Registered
446 Posts
www.zeitronix.com
I got the basic kit without the display which cost around 300 shipped. I've just started street tuning my car using the zeitronix and the map ecu. I think most people use their aem ,map ecu, etc to datalog. Since your running a safc, you're going to need something to datalog on the street to see what your a/f is at different rpm and boost. Then adjust fuel and test again. This way you're not staring at your a/f gauge while doing a high speed pull.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts