Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never ran so hard in my life! Thank god I did a few lines of coke first, or else I would have only beaten him by a few steps.

:stickpoke

·
Invert.
257 Posts
I heard with turbos they can do as well as you'd expect stock. Someone told me in Oregon they had a turbo option. Wait, he also told me a guy in his town had a 4 second mustang.........Stupid kids at wyotech.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Jaxx said:
They are basically slow cars that look like angry lobsters....

:lol: dr. zoidberg....

if you turbo an rx8, it would basically be an rx7, no? isn't the renesis a revamped 13-b? correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Jesus Wind
1,205 Posts
CtSupra said:
:lol: dr. zoidberg....

if you turbo an rx8, it would basically be an rx7, no? isn't the renesis a revamped 13-b? correct me if i'm wrong.
the renesis has like 3 exhaust ports instead of 2. i'm not sure what else. i still want to run one. everybody who has one around here thinks its the shit.

and theres talk of mazda releasing a turbo rx-8.

nigel

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Travisimo said:
I heard with turbos they can do as well as you'd expect stock. Someone told me in Oregon they had a turbo option. Wait, he also told me a guy in his town had a 4 second mustang.........Stupid kids at wyotech.

At the moment, there aren't any turbo kits for the RX-8 since it's a rotory engine, they've had some trouble making a turbo that will work for this car. I'm sure they're figure something out. The car looks alright, and the 9K redline for the manual tranny is pretty nice. Other then that.... I don't see what all the fuss is about.

·
Jesus Wind
1,205 Posts
Zi4life978 said:
At the moment, there aren't any turbo kits for the RX-8 since it's a rotory engine, they've had some trouble making a turbo that will work for this car. I'm sure they're figure something out. The car looks alright, and the 9K redline for the manual tranny is pretty nice. Other then that.... I don't see what all the fuss is about.
greddy just realeased a turbo kit.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
oh ok, i stand corrected. I'd still be hesitant on putting a turbo kit on that car.... i've just heard a lot of bad things when they tried to design one.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
kaneda said:
i killed an RX-8 merging onto the highway the other night and yes i'm serious. he tried to speed up to get past me before i merged on from the on-ramp and i just launched past him. no torque.

You said it! No trq= Rx8 looks like angry lobster with VTEC(Comparing to honda engines) I'm pretty sure he would of passed you if VTEC kicked in, all 159lb-ft of it :lol:... J/K It's pretty sad that they call this the evolution of the RX7...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
GPTourer said:
Considering how many they sell, I don't think Mazda cares what any of us think about the car.

Thats exactly how they treated the torque reading on the Renesis engine.... They saw 159lb-ft and said oh well, atleast it has 4 doors. :wtflol:

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
SupraFan55 said:
You said it! No trq= Rx8 looks like angry lobster with VTEC(Comparing to honda engines) I'm pretty sure he would of passed you if VTEC kicked in, all 159lb-ft of it :lol:... J/K It's pretty sad that they call this the evolution of the RX7...
well he did pass me a few seconds later but that initial burst of speed in which he tried to pass and got left was hilarious. :lol:

supposedly mazda is building a 4th gen turbo RX-7 based on the RX-8 chassis but i doubt it will happen.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts