Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friend who was working at a bodyshop recently quit his job. We used to use the lift at his shop to work on my car, and now we have no lift. I just need a basic shop with a lift (either an inground or like one with the 4 points). I can't get my car on one of them lift with the ramp as the front bumper won't clear.

I need to install some TRD sway bars, and I need to change the nuts and mounts on my differential.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Straightline 732-687-0666

That's what came up when I searched. Do you have their address so I can see how far that is? Also, they have a website? What is it exactly; bodyshop, tuning shop, etc.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I might install it myself. A shop quoted me 7 hours @ 85 an hour. That'll be crazy ass hell to pay. Labor costs more than the pieces itselves.

Anyone have the list of tools I'll need? I know I'll need a 12mm Allen tool for the diff mount.

·
Registered
1993.5 White Turbo Supra
919 Posts
Try F&H Performance in Valley Stream..

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ehh... free day today. Just spent 3 hours getting the rear sway bars in. I guess just saved myself 150 bucks :)

I'll try the fronts sometime later. Might end up giving it to a shop if all of my attempts failed.

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
Damn the NA must be a lot different...took me about 15 minutes to take the rear bar off and links

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SJ said:
Damn the NA must be a lot different...took me about 15 minutes to take the rear bar off and links
I was taking my time, and it was a bitch getting the endlinks off.

----

Anyways, I'm about done the front. I just gotta connect my IC pipings and shit back. Man, I had to remove most of my ic pipings just so the front bar would come off. What a pos.

I guess I just saved myself 500 :). I spent like $50 total (grease, torque wrench, pb plaster, misc shit at autozone).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts