Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the 1/8th mile last night and launched off the 2-step (11psi) 5000 RPM and bam went my diff. It broke the case and everything. I was running the ET streets with Tien HA's set to soft. I have a ITS 66DBB turbo with EMS.

If anyone has or knows of someone that does have a good condition J-spec or US spec complete six speed rear end (pumpkin, hog's head) case and all let me know please.

Chris Driver

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it sucked bad. The thing didn't even move one inch when I launched it. They just prepped the track also.

I'll check with Sherbaz thanks.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Thats hard to beleave that before my grandfathers brother bought that track, you would have spun the entire 1/8. They really have brought that track back from the dead. Guess all tracks should be owned by drag racers

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I've been reading some posts about blown up diffs. It seems The stock 6spd rear end isn't bullet proof like the tranny. By going to a TRD LSD do you have less chances of blowing up the casing?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will a J-spec rear end bolt right up? What's the difference besides it being a 3.27 instead of a 3.13?

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
Radials or bias-ply ET Streets?

DP

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
Wierd, you broke on the bias-plys......

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had 14 psi in the ET streets and my HA's set to full soft. It must have just been to much of a shock at 11psi off the line.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The reason it broke is because you shocked the driveline, you really need to let the clutch engage slightly to tighten everything up before launching.

Those rears hold up fine as long as you don't shock them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts