Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i lost to a celica.. with a poorly fitted kit. the carbon hood had huge gaps.
interior was completely stock including deck.
and engine was stock.

my car had HRE 546's. Greddy front, stillen sides, decent system (pioneer DVD with clarion sub and amp)
carbon hood. brullen cat back exhaust, hks intake

here's some pics.

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,689 Posts
WE DISOWN YOU NOW!!! ...lol sucks man. what were the judges thinking?! tell them to pass the pipe

car looks good

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
You have to look at the overall picture at car shows.You get a certain amount of points for each category. The car has to be balanced in each category to score well. Where were u lacking? The body/exterior is only one category but even on that I see ALOT of stock pieces on your car where his has several aftermarket or custom made items. How as your suspension? Your engine bay? Your interior? Your stereo/sounds? Those have to be addresses as well. Its harder to place or win in shows than most people think. Doesnt mean your car looks bad or his looks better.
You can also ask for your scoring sheet to see how well you did in each category and what u need to address.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
his interior was stock. even deck as mentioned above.
and we both had suspension.

·
11,217 Posts
It may be a "poorly" done widebody kit (is it?), but I guess he attempted to change up more things than you.

Supra's shouldn't be expecting to win everything. You may bring a Lambo or any other "high end" car to a car show. But I guess if it's all stock, it will prob lose out.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
BB6SE said:
his interior was stock. even deck as mentioned above.
and we both had suspension.

If thats the case then he beat you out on body work/exterior. It was a bigger gap in that area then the gap between the interior and and stereo. Wide body kits are big points actually. All you have is a front lip and side skirts.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
michaelvanle said:
It may be a "poorly" done widebody kit (is it?), but I guess he attempted to change up more things than you.

Supra's shouldn't be expecting to win everything. You may bring a Lambo or any other "high end" car to a car show. But I guess if it's all stock, it will prob lose out.
i wasnt expecting to win anything.
im not complaining.. just letting u guys know what i lost to man

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
BB6SE said:
i wasnt expecting to win anything.
im not complaining.. just letting u guys know what i lost to man

Dont let it bother you too much. ALOT of that depends on the judges. I remember one show where I had body kit, paint, stereo, interior along with 2 other Supras and we lost to a bone stock Lexus sedan. It was bs but sometimes that is what happens. Dont let it bother you too much. It took me awhile before I started taking 1st place consistently. This is from about 4 yrs of competing....I have done maybe 6 or 7 shows.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea 2 out of 3 of the judges didnt like me.
one of them asked me if my dad bought me the car wtf
cuz he wants one so bad and doesnt see how i can afford it.
but i didnt wanna mention this cuz it'll just seem like im complaining lol

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Silver Orchid SP60 said:
Dont let it bother you too much. ALOT of that depends on the judges. I remember one show where I had body kit, paint, stereo, interior along with 2 other Supras and we lost to a bone stock Lexus sedan. It was bs but sometimes that is what happens. Dont let it bother you too much. It took me awhile before I started taking 1st place consistently. This is from about 4 yrs of competing....I have done maybe 6 or 7 shows.

congrats to ya....
any recent pic's i wanna see. :bigthumb:

·
The Sethster
971 Posts
well in a show they tend to lean on cars that have wild mods

in his case his car looks pretty good from the pic that you posted

all tho i would rather have your car hands down

dont worrie about it

in the end your car is a supra and his car....................................well its just a celica

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Oh well. This is why I don't even bother with most car shows. Half the shows around in my area, allow the people vote on the cars. That's no good either. You get these car clubs coming to the shows and everyone in the club votes for their member(s) cars, which is pretty lame. Regardless of how cool, unique, or rare your car is, you can still loose out to other stock cars, or worse, poorly put together, body kitted heaps. It's disappointing when a stock Monte Carlo Dale Jr. Edition, sporting a bunchg of gaudy stickers wins the special interest class.

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
I know exactly how you feel! Everytime I go to a show at the track or something, I always lose out to some Celica with half as much stuff as I do! Ive even had other competitors in different classes go complain to the judges because they believed that my car should have placed. Check out www.cardomain.com/ride/800797 to see more pictures and info on what I have done. Ive been feeling your pain for the past year now. I wont even put my car in shows until I install my turbo kit this winter and get my bumper touched up! Let me know what you think about my current setup!

·
Hardtop Crew
6,405 Posts
i agree with everyone on here, in my opinion yes looks do have something to do with your car but the way it preforms in my mind will always be the pinpoint fuck the rice...

·
Registered
222 Posts
His celica didnt look bad besides it looks to be riding a little high. But your car and even that s2k next to you would win hands down with me.. Judges are rice-a-hol-ics now a days..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts