Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the pics are self explanitory.... i went out for a drive got cruising at about 50mph and wooosh i look up and my targa is doing backflips 30 feet in the air..... it was actually very resembling to the F&F Scene. Dunno what was wrong, i guess it just wasn't bolted down all the way, i will check on it later when i calm down and stop cursing the car. and i am also looking for a new targa so if you have one that is pearl white or even plain white send me a pm.

Needless to say there was not a single scratch in it before :(

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
ouch man tough break! g luck getting a new one....

G

·
Sorry to hear. Probably was just loose. I've got a primered targa with tan interior lining. It's off an '88 parts car i had that was completely prepped for paint. You can take the lining off your targa and put it on this one. Just take it to get it painted to match your car. Send me a PM if you want.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
wow that targa got pwnd soo hard...

my top flew off one time...not nearly as bad as that though I could at least bolt it down lol...

have someone stomp ontop of it..im sure you will be able to bolt it down somehow :bigthumb:

replacing a targa top is a pain in the ass...unless u can find the same exacly exterior and interior color targa its gonna be a pain in the arse :hs:

I had to get a new targa top and rip out the non-matching interior, then paint the targa top and now put my grey interior crap back in it....not fun

·
Registered
483 Posts
That sucks man. If you need one let me know I think my friend has a white one I could get for you. What color is your int. ? Send me a PM and I will get you a quote and pics with in 24 hrs.

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah its pretty hammered, but since it is now useless i think i will jump on for a while... i might get it bolted down.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
That sucks man...Supras seem to be losing body parts left and right!

Not too long ago, there was an MkIV who's hood slammed itself against the windsheild (same thing happened to me; the guy that was fixing it just left :hs: ), and now this :hs:

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Ouch, good luck finding a replacement.

Bye bye targa! :sadwavey: <-- Sorry, I just love that smiley. :sadwavey: :sadwavey:

·
Matthew 6:33
887 Posts
At least it didn't fly into a motorist behind you. Then you would have to deal with the headaches of that in addition to finding a new top.

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Orion ZyGarian said:
That sucks man...Supras seem to be losing body parts left and right!

Not too long ago, there was an MkIV who's hood slammed itself against the windsheild (same thing happened to me; the guy that was fixing it just left ), and now this
yeah i guess i should be happy that it didn't do damage to the actual car, and that its only my damn roof, but this sucks..... im beginning to hate cars

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
csnow said:
At least it didn't fly into a motorist behind you. Then you would have to deal with the headaches of that in addition to finding a new top.
actually it came Very close, and when they drove by me they honked and gave a look like what the Hell did you do that for?

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
SupraDreamer44 said:
yeah i guess i should be happy that it didn't do damage to the actual car, and that its only my damn roof, but this sucks..... im beginning to hate cars
Yes you should! Now I have to shell out (okay $275) for a new hood and replaced windsheild! My targa got just a little bump or two from it, but thats probably because the hood is the only thing from Toyota on our cars that isnt omnipotent.

Safelite > *insert window replacement company here*

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
same thing happened to mine. I bought a rubber mallet and some turtle scratch remover and its not noticable from far away now.

Reactions: Zach90Turbo

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
that sucks man, lol not very many scrathes on it, other than the huge bend in it lol. Hopefully you can find a nice donor car to replace the targa with

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Such a beauitful car too, need to lay off the weed dude!:stickpoke:

Tops are always on EBAY and the FS section here for about $100.00

The way I always keep track of mine is buy the plastic plugs that go over the bolt holes when the top is removed. Before you put it on you have to pull the plugs off, lay the bag on the dash with the plugs in it. Next time you're tempted to drive away you'll see the bag on the dash. You should be able to still get the plugs, bag and ratchet from Champion Toyota.

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
You're mad at the car because YOU (or so many of you can understand "U") didn't put the targa on properly?

What am I missing here?

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OH Man :dunno: all the burns...... yeah i know its my fault but i just dont enjoy making 200$ mistakes :rolleyes: i guess the pics weren't that clear because this thing is nothing But scratches now.

G

·
thats pretty funny, same thing happened to me about a week ago, woosh it was gone. And i was left wondering why it go so bright so quick, figured that out pretty quick. My local body shop was able to refit it with no problem. Luckly the paint side never hit the pavement, so i had no paint damage, it was jus left a lil tweaked. GL mam sry 2 hear it

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have a red with grey interior if it help for sale

1 - 20 of 23 Posts