Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Interested?

Well guys, as many of you know I went TT. And I'm running the NA Built Tranny from SP. Everything works great but it may get old fast. Kenny Tolbert (my mechanic) was able to trick the ECU in thinking that is was a TT Auto but it's still wanting to shift prematurely. ANd the down shifts arent perfect. The only way I can make it go through all the gears is Start from Low, and shift all the way up and then Push the O/D Button on for that last Overdrive Gear. Well I thought it wouldn't bother me much, but as far as daily driving this thing, it may not be for me. And plus, as far as letting my wife drive or friends, I don't think I need to have instructions on how to drive an Automatic. Plus I found a great deal on a TT Auto.

Here's the thing. I want to keep the 3800 Stall that it came with, and the oil cooler for the TT Auto. IF IT FITS. That is still to be determined. And so the Built Auto itself is for sale. I bought the Tranny, Stall and Oil Cooler for $1800 from Dave. Dave said it had about 5000 miles on it, and I've put about 100 miles since Friday (maybe). So it's essentially as good as when Dave sold it to me.

What's a good price for just the Tranny itself? If Daveh wants to chime in on this one, I'd appreciate it. This will be a great Tranny for those of you wanting to go NA-T. Thanks.

R

·
0 Posts
The converter won't fit, it has a different spline on it than the TT auto.....

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
I am very interested in the tranny, I am going to look further into a reasonable price to offer you for just the tranny. Can you please email me some pics of the tranny at [email protected] also I know the forums are going to go down for service later this week, so you can reach me over email or AIM sn: Flypinoy457 and we can work out this transaction.

Brett

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
the tranny by itself is really no good without the 3800 stall. correct me if im wrong on this...but with a stall not designed for the tranny it wont operate as well? at least thats what i was told when i wanted to try using the stock stall with the BL built auto.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flypinoy457 said:
I am very interested in the tranny, I am going to look further into a reasonable price to offer you for just the tranny. Can you please email me some pics of the tranny at [email protected] also I know the forums are going to go down for service later this week, so you can reach me over email or AIM sn: Flypinoy457 and we can work out this transaction.

Brett
Well I guess the stall wont' work with the TT Auto, so I'm selling it all I guess. That sucks. So I guess just PM. I still have to get a TT Auto before we can take this thing out. And I'm working on that as we speak. But like I said I paid $1800 to Daveh and that was a hellava deal. So I'd like to do the same since it hasn't been in my car for more than a coulpe of days.

$1800 shipped. How does that sound. That's the Tranny, 3800 Stall, and Oil Cooler. The whole package deal. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts