Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Saturday my friend was at St Michelle Winery at a wine thing/car show. I saw him Sunday and he told me about all the cool exotic cars that were there. Then he said there was a LFA there. He did not know what this was. He almost called me to see if i wanted to run down to see the other cars. But the worst news was that the W. Coast Toyota rep was allowing anyone who wanted to drive it~!!!! This Rep said there are only 2 LFAs in the US. He is the W. Coast guy with a Black one and another one on the E. Coast. He also said there wasnt any "sold" yet here. But maybe he meant that none have "arrived" here yet. Can't beleive that none have sold. I have emailed this Rep to see whenhe is coming back to this area. If he does, I will for sure post up the time and place. Man.........what a job this guys has~!

Here are some cell phone pics.

Stu

(Got to love that Lambo LP~!)

·
Stock Twins King
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Niiiice, trading in the GTR already? ;)
I heard that you can take your '09 to the dealer and they will re-flash the ECU to the new '12 data. Which in theory gets you to 535whp and a launch RPM of 4000. (For a fee lol). Better this than an LFA upgrade.

Stu

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
tell me when your ready to trade the GTR in Stu:) I'm in the market...

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
That's a pretty nice looking car in black. Color really seems to make a huge difference on the LFA (at least in pictures). I was bummed I didn't get to go see it at eRTC last Saturday but was out of town! There is no special guest invitation (like that) to this weeks meeting tomorrow but the weather promises a huge turnout nonetheless!

Stu, we need to get together for a beer sometime soon and get off our once a year schedule!

·
Inline for the win
4,779 Posts
I heard that you can take your '09 to the dealer and they will re-flash the ECU to the new '12 data. Which in theory gets you to 535whp and a launch RPM of 4000. (For a fee lol). Better this than an LFA upgrade.

Stu
If you proceed with this, please confirm its validity. This makes me more entrigued to get an '09-10 versus holding out for '12.

DP

·
Part-time Member
295 Posts
So how does the LFA look in person? i haven't see one picture where the front end doesn't look tacky. 375K+ for technically a toyota, i'm not totally surprised that none have sold yet. Crazy that you had an oppurtunity to drive that thing! I'd pay just to ride shotgun! like 5 bucks. ;)

·
Stock Twins King
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you proceed with this, please confirm its validity. This makes me more entrigued to get an '09-10 versus holding out for '12.

DP
The "boards" say otherwise that they are not inclined to do this as yet. Keep in mind that for $1000 you can get an e-tune and a Cobb and get better results. I did this and I am about 497awhp. My math puts this at approx 550-570 crank hp. So this is a lot cheaper than what I'd expect a dealer to charge for the '12 upgrade. Then for another $500 or so you can get the new Cobb tranny flash unit. Thos together will get you all what the 2012 model has. Pick up a used one for the mid $60's and your $30k less than a new 2012~!

(PS: Brain....where the hell have you been lol!)

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
Is this really true? Can anyone confirm this?

Also, there are more than 2 LFA's in the USA.

how about you do it and get back to us. This isn't a GTR forum. Stu gave you his take on it (the only GTR owner that I know of personally here in the NW) and your still asking for the flash. You must not read engrish well as he stated:

"The "boards" say otherwise that they[Nissan] are not inclined to do this as yet. Keep in mind that for $1000 you can get an e-tune and a Cobb and get better results."

Then you ask the same question again?? WTF dude. Do your own leg work.:deadhorse:english:

·
Broke Ass College Kid
326 Posts
Damn. Thats a drop dead sexy car. Too bad your friend didn't call ya, did he drive it at all?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts