Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

i have a very special i will be starting soon and i am in need of a 2JZ mechanic, i am dropping a 2jz in my 93 RX-7 and i was wondering if there anyone out there in jersey or local to jersey that can do the swap for me. such as engine, tranny, harness, dropping the motor in ect ect.

please let me know

thanks everyone

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
um.. what part of jersey?

what makes you want a 2j..?

no thought on a ls1?

·
Registered
107 Posts
ls1? lol put a 2jz in that bitch!!!! lol call JPR imports.... 856 227 1808. Great mechanic! hes worked on my supra and works on my rx7 as well.. he mainly works on rx7s however, he is very knowledgable on both vehicles.. hes in south jersey. exit 3 off the turnpike. ask for jim.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking about the 20B but i want some thing i can depend on. one of the mechanics i spoke to today guaranteed me 700 whp reliable ( or daily as he calls it ) for this set up with a warranty but hes located in Missouri and im jerseylol

and as for an LS1. im sorry but im an import man lol idk what it is but the LS1 just doesnt catch my attention besides i just love the way the 2jz sounds, looks, smells tastes hahaha you know what i mean

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the pitch to JPR, i called him, they seem really nice and know what they are doing!!! he did a 2j into an rx7 and seemed open to it which i like. thanks again

also
ive been going back in forth with my friends, family and the guys on the rx7 forum, and i keep getting different answers all around. but what do you guys think? should i make this thing a 2jz rx7? of should i stay in the rotary world, i mean all you guys here own 2jz, let me get some feed back on them.

thank you again for the help

oh an also if anyone is selling an R154 trans let me know

·
Registered
392 Posts
Give Brian aka Chevyeater a call. He's the SHOGUN MASTA of all things 2JZ and an extremely good/fair mechanic. You can reach him at [email protected]

Tell him Pter H. referred you out of NJ. You'll be glad you called him. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
LI. There in the process of moving shops but Brian is available. Email him to discuss. Thanks.

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Call John @:

Broadway Peformance

292 Broadway

Passaic, NJ 973-779-8405

He works with Chevyeater as well.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey so i checked out john at broadway, he seems like a good guy and he knows his shit which i like alot! i think im gunna go with him to do my set up, all i gotta do is wait to sell my engine and i can start buying parts and bring him the car.

thanks for the help guys

·
Is it turbo? Is it stick?
4,557 Posts
Heard good things about Chevyeater, also have seen a LOT of great things come out of R/T Tuning's shop... they're located in Lansdale, Pa and do some really nice work... might be worth a call. www.rttuning.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts