Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a while ago there were companies that sold center console lids and shift boots on ebay for a fairly decent price. Where did they go?? anyone know of companies that sell lids??? Toyota discontinued the blue lid and unfortunately mine is not in very good shape.

Where can you buy new console lids?

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
Have it recovered. If its broken, buy one from the junk yard for cheap, and then have it recovered.

I paid $35 to have mine recoverd.

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
isnms said:
i've got a recovered one $45 shipped
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344163

edit: oh, sorry just saw your's is blue. mine is gray.
That looks really good, I was kinda sceptical about having it recovered becasue i wanted to keep the stock stitching, but I guess the guy who covered yours did a great job.

Who recovered yours?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I bought one from toyota.. dont remeber how much it was though..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tissimo, Is that your Supe in the pic? What an awesome colour. I have actually been thinking about painting mine purple.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tissimo said:
I bought one from toyota.. dont remeber how much it was though..
Unfortunately Toyota discontinued the blue arm rest, so the only way to get it is at the junkyard or find someone who can recover it.

I need someone that will recover it in stock form... I dont like the ugly non-stock looking cloth. I want it stock looking, with the stock stitching and all that.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
When did they discontinue it, because Fremont Toyota quoted me $136.60 for a 1992 Blue Console Lid...

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So basically i need to know who to call to get my arm rest recovered.

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
$2 worth of vinyl and 3 days on and off stitching.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Crap... I was just gonna order a blue armrest a while back, it was still available then. :(

Hopefully there's one sitting in a Canadian PDC.

Also, there are 3 different part numbers for the center console, pre-89, 89-90 & 91-92 non-leather seats, and 91-92 leather seats.

The 89-90 & 91-92 non-leather seats one definitely is gone, it superscedes to a grey center console, the other 2 *seem* to be fine, but Jeff would know better than I do, so I'm gonna trust him on this ;).

I'm still gonna check locally though, as Canada's PDCs are seperate from the USA ones.

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
LMAO at your avatar Jeff.:D

While where on the same subject, does any one know where I can get a rear bracket that holds the center console?
No highjacking
Thanks
Carl

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
damn really I got my blue one from toyota like 2 years ago.. guess i got one of the last ones

HOTSUP said:
Tissimo, Is that your Supe in the pic? What an awesome colour. I have actually been thinking about painting mine purple.
Its not purple its 91 blue.. looks purple at night..

color in the day

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jeff Lange said:
58993-14010

It's like $10.
Jeff whats that part number for??? is it the wrapping of the cover??

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
Jewishjalopi said:
That looks really good, I was kinda sceptical about having it recovered becasue i wanted to keep the stock stitching, but I guess the guy who covered yours did a great job.

Who recovered yours?
just a local shop that recovers car seats, couches,...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts