Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cali guys: i need a stock midpipe with working cat

hey guys, it is smog time here in california. I need your help. My cat is blown and i can't pass smog without it. Does anyone here have one i could borrow, or buy. Or maybe you might know where i could look to find one. 1995 california NA supra.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i just got a quote on the midpipe and cat for my car and the price was soo much!. I know someone here has changed their cat . any suggestions of where to make things less costly.

would it be possible to just change the piping and use a universal cat. If so, would i drill a hole for the sensor.( i say this, because the sensor uses a flange instead of being a screw in sensor)

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
I would post in the California or even Northern California forum... I'm sure someone has one in his garage.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'd let you borrow mine but mine is busted as well (ran turbo through a stock cat).
You can go to any local muffler shop and have them cut off the cat you have, and install a new one for under $150 including labor.
Then run 2quarts of denatured alchohol to 2-3gallons of gas in the tank and try smogging.
You should pass with ease.

~Alan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts