Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Need A Roof Assembly And B Pillars From A Hardtop Supra Asap!!!

II am in desperate need of a roof assembly from a hardtop supra...I will need it to be local in the GTA, but I will travel if it is not more than 100km or so from Toronto....I can come to you and cut off the parts myself, because I know where to cut and I have the tools, so if anyone has a parts car that they are getting rid of soon or sending to the scrappers.....please let me know first!! So everyone let me know what you've got and where it is!!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an 87T auto, targa. It is complete and original. Has not run for about 5 yrs. Needs a gas tank, brakes, and a HG. Car is solid but all the fenders have rust holes. Interior is burgundy cloth.

I would like to get $1200 for it.

If interested please respond to rashid.adnan at ic.gc.ca for a faster response.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont wanna spend more than 300 bucks to be honest because I just want a rolling chassis, nothing in or on the car whatsoever, and if I have to spend more than $300 then I may aswell find one in a scrapyard and rip off the parts I need cuz it wouldn't cost me as much!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
^ do you have a way to flatbed/haul it?

I have an '89 targa that has been stripped, but it is currently wheel-less.
no lights, glass, cosmetics, interior, mechanical things on the car, just the chassis.

Rear fenders and spare tire well are rusted out, section of the driver floor has been cut out (salvaged into another car that was rotted there).

A-pillars and b-pillars are straight.

Car was previously in a front end accident by another owner, but all front end components were replaced. As far as I know front rad support is not warped.

·
Registered
941 Posts
hmmm I have all of that on a flawless car out here that I'm parting. No rust or accidents, the body work on the front sold already but the only thing gone from the chassi is the PS rear quater.

·
Registered
43 Posts
badboy26 said:
I dont wanna spend more than 300 bucks to be honest because I just want a rolling chassis, nothing in or on the car whatsoever, and if I have to spend more than $300 then I may aswell find one in a scrapyard and rip off the parts I need cuz it wouldn't cost me as much!
If you are willing to wait I would be willing strip it down to a rolling chassis for $300. I probably wont be able to do it for a few weeks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where is your car located? I would need it to be close by because towing would be insanely expensive if its in Ottawa!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
unfortunately i dont have a hitch, nor could my car pull anything other than a rubber raft cuz its just a CRX haha....so I gotta find something local so that CAA can tow it for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still need the roof parts....."A" PILLARS, "B" PILLARS and TARGA ROOF PANEL!!!! Does anyone in the GTA have these parts or know where I can find them on a scrap car? SOMEONE MUST BE PARTING OUT THEIR TARGA AND WILLING TO LET ME CUT THESE PARTS OFF, C'MONNN!! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Greyhound does shipping?? What the #@$%? Well, the only problem is that the parts I need shouldn't be more than 50 bucks for each set of pillars....but when you factor in shipping, plus the money you want for the part, it wont make sense, unless you're gonna give me the parts free and I just pay shipping. I've already run into this problem with a guy in Alberta, that's why I know....shipping for the "A" pillars he said would cost $55...so lemme know what it would cost if you know already....thanks!

·
Registered
941 Posts
your forgetting one major part there, the labour to remove said parts. Thats about a days work to remove those parts, I've done it before. My price would reflect the amount of work. I'll be pulling the windshield eventually anyways so I wouldn't charge for that but I'd want at least 250 for the A & B pillars, targa top and front rad support if I was doing the cutting and removal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats a reasonable price you would ask, BUT...I also have done this before, and it takes about half an hour to cut off the A and B pillars with a reciprocating saw. I'm talking once the interior header panles are off and the hatch and rear quarter glass are off as well. I dunno how you did it but its fairly easy, trick is to plan lots and cut once. I would take your parts in a second but you're too far away, shipping would be a nightmare and also I would like to be able to do the cutting myself because I have precise measurements I have to follow at the B pillars. Thanks anyways! Anyone else thats in the GTA have a targa parts car they're getting rid of soon??? I need these parts fast!!

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
I told you a billion times, just buy mine. I already cut the car for you, wasting 2 sawsall blades, and then used about $10 of packing tape and wrap and now you are cheaping out at $50?? At the $50 you are hoping for, that won't even buy the labour for a wrecker to take them off never mind sell them. At $50 I lose money shipping them to you. Let me know or I'm throwing them in the garbage

·
Registered
941 Posts
badboy26 said:
Thats a reasonable price you would ask, BUT...I also have done this before, and it takes about half an hour to cut off the A and B pillars with a reciprocating saw. I'm talking once the interior header panles are off and the hatch and rear quarter glass are off as well.
Sure, once all the glass is out and the interior stripped (which takes longer then the cutting). My price also took into account cutting the front end off, something I've done several times and that can take awhile. Even if you did the cutting I'd still want a 150 - 175 for all those parts (front end, A&B pillars, targa top). Take Evan's stuff and pay him for it decently, sounds like a deal to me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey....I understand what you're saying....but at no time did I tell you to wrap yours up for me all I said was give me a price and I would be interested since yours are already cut. What I also said was that here in Toronto at Standard Auto Wreckers, they told me that if they were to get the car in, and I cut off the pieces myself in the yard, they would charge me 25 bucks for the A pillars and another 25 for the B pillars. When I heard that I was like ok....why the hell would I pay 100 bucks for just one of them when I need the whole assembly anyways? Thats why I told you make it 75 and you got a deal because I felt bad that you already packaged it. I also asked you if there was any rust on your and you did not answer me. I cannot take a rusted piece because I would be doing nothing...mine is already rotted away which is why I need to replace it.

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
badboy26 said:
bla blablablablablablablablablablablablabla that here in Toronto at Standard Auto Wreckers, they told me that if they were to get the car in, and I cut off the pieces myself blablablablablablablablablabla
In the bin it goes. I hope targa MA70's are common in the GTA wreckers.

Good day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts