Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tuner do you recommend in the L.A. area? I live near SP Engineering, but I doubt I will go to them after reading this thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139233

Do you have any thoughts about Autolink Motor Works? I have had a few IS friends recommend them. I am looking to have a bolt-on turbo kit installed and tuned. Of course I want someone friendly and professional, but we all know those are sometimes hard to find. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
IS300Greg

·
Registered
807 Posts
I would take it to SPE... they definitely do the cleanest installs in your area(that I know of anyway).

Justin

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Autolink does clean work as well as SPE, no problems with them at all except that they mostly do Hondas (I believe). Buy i've only heard good things about them, stick to your guns about SPE.

·
Super Moderator
10,705 Posts
IS300Greg said:
What tuner do you recommend in the L.A. area? I live near SP Engineering, but I doubt I will go to them after reading this thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139233

Thanks,
IS300Greg
If you read the ENTIRE thread and don't believe you should take your car to SPE, you are correct...you shouldn't. If, however, you are interested in having the best Supra shop on the west coast work on your car, SPE is the place. They've done all the work on my car, but you don't have to take my word for it. Talk to ruup2it, Latteboost, Sagasupra, Supramd, Supralouie and others who have actually had their car worked on by SPE personnel. All of these owners, and more, are on SF and all have had extensive work done on their cars....on more than one occasion....so you can benefit from a significant number of experiences.

SPE is not perfect. No shop is. But you need to base your decision, among other things, on guys who have had significant experiences with SPE as opposed to the guys who know somebody who knows somebody...... Wherever you decide to take your car, I wish you much luck with your planned upgrades.

Ken.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^Yes, I did read the ENTIRE thread. I admit I have not been to SPE recently (as in a several months) so maybe I should go back. One of the last times I was their was when Ivan still worked there. I am not doubting there knowledge of our cars. I am not looking for a perfect shop. I just don't want to be taken for and given hassles about stupid stuff because they did not make the turbo. It's a good kit, I just need it installed. Yeah, it will have low hp compared to what you guys run, it doesn't mean I should get any lower service. A repuitable company is what I am looking for.

·
Vitesse
673 Posts
Chalk another one up for SPE. Every install has been clean and prompt. What I mean by prompt is that they actually finished the car ahead of time. You have to remember, every shop is bound to get some negative feedback so you can only judge it for yourself. best bet is to go down there and check out the shop and the cars they have worked on. As for Autolink, they are great for purchasing parts and installing small knick knacks but I would not go there to get some more technical items installed.

Thanks,
Anthony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts