Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about to purchase my single turbo for my 1JZ. I'm looking for 450 to the wheels, with the best spool possible. Basically it has come down to the GT3037R. However, I can get a GT3582R for the same price, so I'm torn between the two. Does anyone have either on a 1JZ, and if so, what are your spool characteristics? I figure I may as well get the 35 but I don't want to if it's going to spool 1K rpm later.

Anyone have any experience and/or advice?

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing?

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
i'm trying to get supporting mods for my gt35, but i hear it's the best possible turbo for the 1j for around 450-550 hp range. I've heard full spool by 3500-4000, but I haven't confirmed this yet, as I'm still sourcing all the supporting mods for it. I'll let you know as soon as I have it running and tuned.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I run a GT3040. Spools like a stock 1J. Good for 500 hp according to the HKS website.

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just ordered a Garrett GT3040R with a 3" V-band outlet, .78 A/R twin scroll. Now I need to come up with a twin scroll T3->T4 adaptor to fit it on my china mani.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I know ProjectGoFast used a gt3037 with a stryder mani. I know he or slimfastsupra can give more details, but I know he had a t3 flange welded to the t4 so he could use it.

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Mobes..how much did your pay for your turbo and where did you get it?

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here

price can be found on the site

1 - 8 of 8 Posts