Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the TB with another unit that was unaltered. Car still idled high but has no stumbling or fluctuation at all.
Had codes 24,31,and 51. Replaced afm and now have code 51. Replaced the TB and rewired the tps from the harness as the clip was iffy and now i have code 51 and 52. when you start the car it immed goes to 2100 and within 15 seconds go to 2600 and stays there. No bad vacuum leaks.
what do you all think
ps kinda in the wrong spot but i need fast help and i have paid my dues here..:)

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts

Knock
sensor signal
Open
or short circuit in knock sensor signal.

Knock
sensor circuit

Knock
sensor

ECU

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
noob

jk ;)

Does the idle come back down when the car is warm? Have you tried unplugging the ISC valve?

And rewire your knock sensors :p

Code 51 usually happens when you check the codes with the car running, or with the AC button ON

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts

Switch
Signal
No
"IDL" signal, "NSW" signal or "A/C"
signal to ECU during diagnostic check

A/C
switch circuit

A/C
switch

A/C
amplifier

Throttle
position sensor circuit

Throttle
position sensor

ECU

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Code 52 will not make the car idle high. However an incorrectly aligned or malfunctioning TPS will cause that high idle.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
How high was it idling before you changed the T/B? I'm thinking only a massive vacuum leak (like brake booster size) or a stuck wide open ISC would cause it to idle at 2600 rpm.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. i know the 52 knock code will not cause a high idle, im just giving the facts and events as they happened..:)
I reset everything and no the ac wasnt on as it is not in there.
Idle never comes down at all, jsut stays there till i shut it off.
I never had this problem so this is why im open for suggests. ran across most everything else though..:)
Throw some ideas and possible fixes. We played with it for a few hours yesterday and my knowledge is coming back but i think i have been gone for to long to get this right...
Thanks

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
A vacuum leak will cause it to die out, it won't idle. Does the throttle body close properly all the way? Still sounds like the Throttle Position is fouled one way or another. Good Luck.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hear ya Trent im just lookijng for multiple feedback as everybody else would also.
Im going outside now to fix this ..cough cough, beautiful car...:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts