Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently finish my single turbo install and I am running into some problems. I have a pt70 turbo, HKS GT wastegate, and a profec a boost controller. Right when I finished my car I only had the bottom barb hooked up to the boost controller because HKS only supplied one barb. I had boost creep problems, when I set it to 1.0 bar it would spike up to 25 psi and then go down to 14 psi. So I went to my local fitting store and bought the top barb. I hooked it all up with the top barb hooked up to the boost controller and the bottom one tee into the turbo compressor and the boost controller. I let the boost controller learn itself again. After that I set it to 1 bar boost 14 psi fine, then I set it to 1.2 bar.. It wouldnt' go paste 14 psi. Next 1.4 bar, and it still didn't go past 14 psi. I set the boost controller lower to 0.8 bars and it stays under 14 psi. so boosting under 14 psi is fine but it won't go over... Would it have something to do with the screw on top of the wastegate cause it's out kind of far and it seems like it should be screwed into, I am afraid to touch it and it over boost again... I left that screw the way it was since I bought it brand new. Could it be the way I hooked up the vacuum lines??... Can someone please help me figure out my problem? Any input would be nice...
Here is an illustration of how I hooked everything up:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts