Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 SE its in awesome condition very clean and only 133,00 miles on it. I just moved up here from GA and everyone down there wanted the car, i just wasn't ready to sell it yet. I had offers as high as $15,000 for it. I only want $10,999 is this to much or nobody want a N/A. And i won't come any lower than that price. Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
898 Posts
try selling it on auto trader or ebay, it wont be hard to sell it on one of those. Also take a bunch of pictures of everything . Potential buyers would like to see as much of the car as possible, and id take a pic of the odometer too

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
hell i'd give you 10.. i paid 13 for my 93.....

where were you 9 months ago

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey sounds like my luck is just like yours!!!!! NOT ANY LUCK AT ALL

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks Tim
I have a 95 SE its in awesome condition very clean and only 133,00 miles on it. I just moved up here from GA and everyone down there wanted the car, i just wasn't ready to sell it yet. I had offers as high as $15,000 for it. I only want $10,999 is this to much or nobody want a N/A. And i won't come any lower than that price. Can anyone help me out with this.
Well from what I've read and the lending banks I've talked to they have some stringent (spelling) rules on private car loans. Most of the time they want it after a certain year ( the banks I talked to needed the car to be 96 and newer) plus the mileage is another issuse 133k is a good amount of milage (My banks where only allowing low bluebook on the loan, I would have to come up with the rest, even thou I would love to take the car and drop 15k in building for boost). Next the car is 8 years old.. even thou i love supras the newer the better. Well thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yea that bank stuff is true and total crock of shit. Allthough there are ways around that if one is truly creative. It's hard to sell any car outright though. Just hang in there. Keep listing it. It will sell. Looks like you might already have a buyer.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Is it a hardtop? If so, emphasize that....

jscperformance1 said:

Thanks Tim

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
Lockdown said:
Thanks Tim

Well from what I've read and the lending banks I've talked to they have some stringent (spelling) rules on private car loans. Most of the time they want it after a certain year ( the banks I talked to needed the car to be 96 and newer) plus the mileage is another issuse 133k is a good amount of milage (My banks where only allowing low bluebook on the loan, I would have to come up with the rest, even thou I would love to take the car and drop 15k in building for boost). Next the car is 8 years old.. even thou i love supras the newer the better. Well thats my 2 cents
Most banks are on the 7 year rule, but most of them won't touch anything that's older than 6 years unless you have some equity to back it up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't know what my dad did..But we got a loan for the '95 I have. I think he might have put it as a personal loan with coladeral (wow I can't spell) But now they do have my title :(
But Loan offices > Banks. Loan office is letting me pay every two weeks when I get a pay check.. it's just eaiser for me that way.

Let people know about options though

You shold be able to sell it on here or ebay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you're having trouble selling it because it's a non-turbo, you can always make it a point that they can put on a basic turbo kit for like $4000 or less making the car $15000 and faster than a stock TT. I bet they can't find a TT for $15000.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Word to the wise - personal loans are ideal if a good rate can be found. Car loans are shitty. With good credit, a personal loan can be secured no questions asked - at rates equal or less than a car loan (unless you have some connection with a bank) - you keep the title, don't have to carry insurance if the car is not driven, don't have to register the car, etc. etc. etc.

I will never take out a car loan.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you have good credit and need a loan, go through www.peoplefirst.com. I secured a 20,000 loan for my 93.5 at 5.8% over 6 years. They specialize in loans for used cars and bikes. They don't ask any questions other than that of your credit history. Just something to think about.

Jim

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
yea, i used to get offers all the time and now when its time to sale nothing.. By the way 95' supra hardtop... TT front brakes, tt wheels, exhaust and intake. 15.5k. 119k miles.. moilbe 1 every 3k... great condition..

:) just because were talking about selling supras.. up for offers as well

·
Registered
405 Posts
Because you have dropped the price too quickly. potential buyers might be suspicious that there might be a problem with the car. dont mention the fact that you were getting offers of 15K just say that you are selling it for 10,900 firm. The time of year is the worst as it is easier to sell in spring, If it is an automatic non turbo no targa it usually takes longer to sell, but you should be able to sell it for that price maybe more on ebay. for every supra there is a buyer out there!!!!or a dreamer

be patient or just wait till MArch and sell it for 12K

by the way i'm selling a 92 Lexus Ls400 for $7,500 if you need a nice winter car

1 - 20 of 31 Posts