Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i hate to make another wheel thread but i have been digging through old wheel threads all morning and can't get a straight answer or even a picture for that matter!

Im looking at purchasing a set of CHEAP wheels to drive my one supra on the road with occasionally. I already have a set of Welds the car will be on 98% of the time. I just wanted another set of wheels to throw on here and there.

That being said, the wheel i want is the ESR SR06, which is a Work Meister knock off. I had Meisters on my Evo and loved them. Now I'm completely confused on fitment for the front TT caliper.

Im going to order 18x9.5 / 10.5. I can get the fronts in either +35 offset or +22 offset. Which set would give me the best option to clear my TT calipers? i understand +22 is aggressive but not sure which would help me clear better.

Im not sure how good of a replica they are of the Meister's but they may be close. What offset are you guys on real Meister's running up front?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Thanks man, I saw that thread. Do you think since he's a 19 it would matter?
I do not think that particular measurement (width and offset) will matter from 18" to 19". To be 100% sure, a really good person to ask would be RikTT and RadRide on here, they are guru's when it comes to wheels.

Check this thread to; Post #1001. I think these are the exact wheels you are looking at as well. 18"x9.5 +22. This is very aggressive fitment.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?429834-The-Ultimate-Agressive-Wheel-Thread.../page21

Also post #856 shows the same specs on real Work Meister's 18x9.5 +22. But the fenders are rolled as well.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
Ok guys, i hate to make another wheel thread but i have been digging through old wheel threads all morning and can't get a straight answer or even a picture for that matter!

Im looking at purchasing a set of CHEAP wheels to drive my one supra on the road with occasionally. I already have a set of Welds the car will be on 98% of the time. I just wanted another set of wheels to throw on here and there.

That being said, the wheel i want is the ESR SR06, which is a Work Meister knock off. I had Meisters on my Evo and loved them. Now I'm completely confused on fitment for the front TT caliper.

Im going to order 18x9.5 / 10.5. I can get the fronts in either +35 offset or +22 offset. Which set would give me the best option to clear my TT calipers? i understand +22 is aggressive but not sure which would help me clear better.

Im not sure how good of a replica they are of the Meister's but they may be close. What offset are you guys on real Meister's running up front?
The problems with wheels like this is the back pad thickness doesn't change with offset so no matter what offset you choose, the caliper clearance will be the same. The ideal fitment would be the +35 on the front. Sure you can run a +22 but you'll have to run narrower tires and stretch them on.

What I would do in your situation is find a set of used "supra fitment" wheels on this forum. That way you'll know for sure that they'll fit and clear the calipers.

R.K.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts

What I would do in your situation is find a set of used "supra fitment" wheels on this forum. That way you'll know for sure that they'll fit and clear the calipers.

R.K.
^^^^^This.
Great fit makes a mediocre wheel look good - bad fit looks awful, regardless of the wheel.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I think your bigger problem is going to be that I believe ESR only makes the 10.5" wheel in a +22. I'm sure Radride will correct me if I'm wrong but that's way too aggressive. You're not going to be able to fit much for a tire without rubbing or fender mods. The front 18x9.5 +35 is probably ok though I think.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The problem I've noticed is that no knock-off wheel companies make an offset we need. So we are basically forced to buy high dollar wheels to get the desired 40+ offsets.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
I think your bigger problem is going to be that I believe ESR only makes the 10.5" wheel in a +22. I'm sure Radride will correct me if I'm wrong but that's way too aggressive. You're not going to be able to fit much for a tire without rubbing or fender mods. The front 18x9.5 +35 is probably ok though I think.
You are correct.

The problem I've noticed is that no knock-off wheel companies make an offset we need. So we are basically forced to buy high dollar wheels to get the desired 40+ offsets.
I've been saying that for years but no one listens.

R.K.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You are correct.

I've been saying that for years but no one listens.

R.K.
With all the sport cars I've owned, I've never ever been one to buy high dollar wheels. There's so much more practical and desired things to do with that $3-4k rather than on something that in the grand scheme of things just sits there and looks good (the wheels). I buy my first Supra and coincidentally now i have to buy $3200 wheels just bc. Ugh

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
With all the sport cars I've owned, I've never ever been one to buy high dollar wheels. There's so much more practical and desired things to do with that $3-4k rather than on something that in the grand scheme of things just sits there and looks good (the wheels). I buy my first Supra and coincidentally now i have to buy $3200 wheels just bc. Ugh
To each their own I guess. I can spot shitty knock off or cheap cast wheels a mile away. To me, a nice set of wheels sets the car off perfectly.

R.K.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
The problem I've noticed is that no knock-off wheel companies make an offset we need. So we are basically forced to buy high dollar wheels to get the desired 40+ offsets...now i have to buy $3200 wheels.
I don't know if you like Forgestar F14's but you can get a nice set for less than half of that and they are a well made "cheaper" wheel. Recent report from WadeFab: "...Ordered theF f14 wheels for the rear! black friday deal of 575 shipped for both!!!!! 18x11 +48mm.. what a steal..." Look for a couple others here who have them or google for images on Supras. This one is JamesN1830's car:

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
This is God's plan to keep cheap, nasty, knock-off wheels off God's chariot. Take heed.

Ken.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,331 Posts
Keep checking FS section, there are plenty of quality used wheels with proper offset posted.

Personally, I would just widen the stock wheels. I still regret selling mine.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
This is God's plan to keep cheap, nasty, knock-off wheels off God's chariot. Take heed.

Ken.
LOL Ken! As I go through this thread and stumble upon your post, thankfully I didn't take a drink of my coffee at the time!

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
I don't know if you like Forgestar F14's but you can get a nice set for less than half of that and they are a well made "cheaper" wheel. Recent report from WadeFab: "...Ordered theF f14 wheels for the rear! black friday deal of 575 shipped for both!!!!! 18x11 +48mm.. what a steal..." Look for a couple others here who have them or google for images on Supras. This one is JamesN1830's car:

Forgestars are cheap yes, but far from forged. The quality is you get what you pay for. They have their issues that is widely known on the interwebs.

R.K.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts