Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got new 98 headlights from Jay marks and the Phoenix Microlite HID kit. Now, it looks like there are Two tiny triangles that point up, and the rest lights are not aimed properly, does anybody know how to aim the headlights in a 97+ supra Any help would be great!

-F

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't know how to aim them but was wondering how you like your HID kit and how much you paid for it. I was looking at getting the same kit and best price I have found it for was $500 shipped.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
157 Posts
:( I had order the Europe headlight and i have the same problem with what you have. 2 triangles pointing upward and you cant see any further. It makes it very difficult to drive fast at night. if you take your headlight bulb out, look inside the hold and you will know where that triange comes from. i believe that needs to be taken out but it seems very difficult to take out. maybe i'll try this weekend.

supra178:mad:

·
Registered
157 Posts
i had tried it already by turing them 2 bolts. i did it at night just to make sure i see which direction i'm adjusting. it turns out just one of the bolt controls the headlight and it adjusts left or right. so hopefully someone have some idea to adjust the head light up or down.

supra178:mad:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Best way to do it is have your car on level ground. Park about 20 ft from a wall. Turn your lights on and make a mental note (or mark on the wall) where the beams hit. Look on the top of the light and adjust the screw (it's like a hex head bolt if i remember correctly) until the bubble centers itself in the leveling gauge (or whatever it's called) . Look again, both lights can be adjusted for height and left/right. It takes several turns to notice a difference. Maybe have a buddy help you out for a second opinion on when the adjustments are actually doing anything. The bubble in the leveling gauge moves SLOWLY. Once adjusted you will be a happy camper.

*edit* I do have '94 lights, so it may be different, but ptobably not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts