Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, this is the problem...the car doesn't want to accelerate...feels like it's pulling crazy timing. When I took it to the dyno, it would misfire at around 5500 RPM...on the street, at that RPM range, it stayed there and I had to gun it more and then it would go past and the power would kick in...so I had only like 1000 RPM powerband pretty much...definately not enjoyable as the power transition is not smooth and gradual. I have no clue what it is...I regapped the plugs, replaced them (NGK Iridium IX), replaced spark plug wires (well, they're brand new NGK blues but for 7M-GE so I had to modify them). I accelerate and it bogs down...doesn't want to build a lot of boost...but the turbo spools way quicker and it releases boost but doesn't build a lot. I messed with the VPC and nothing...throttle response is sluggish as heck...long latency from the time I press the accelerator and the time the engine reacts. This is overwhelming...I've had the car for a year now and haven't been able to enjoy it. The prior owner (supraSIZED) told me before selling me the car that the plugs and wires needed replacement. Well, I did and the car still doesn't boost fine. Now it's worse...after I installed a new turbo since the old one for some reason ate itself up. If anybody is close to Belvoir and wants to swing by this weekend or the next one and help me, I'll appreciate it and pay you if I have to. I need to fix the car before I take it to emissions and then get a new registraion since the old one expired. It smokes a bit of blue when cold so I guess that's the valve seals...if not hard, I would like to replace them. I also have to replace brakes and rotors and power steering pump. The reason I need somebody to come up here is that I'm in the Army and pretty much 24/7 stand-by (National Security ops) so I gotta be really close to the base at all times. Anyway, if anybody can help me, PM me and I'll give you my phone number. I need the car running. :(

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Look at the graph...I know it would've touched 500 RWHP but it bogged down there and it stayed like that for a while before it "cleaned" up and revved higher.

Sorry for the long paragraph up there but I'm like that...too detailed. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts