Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 quick questions

It looks like the stock mani has a diffrent down angle then the xerd and will not line up with my aftermarket exhuast HKS, looks like I have to put new piping

and what do I do with the sensors, whats the part number I would need and what wires to cut

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
The XERD should bolt up fine regardless of what aftermarket exhaust you have. Not sure why are you incurring this problem.

Thanks to Josh Leckner (Whiteblaze) for the write-up below.

Josh Leckner said:
Since the stock O2 sensors are $130+ each, I chose a less expensive route. I picked up (2) new universal BOSCH O2 sensors, part # 12051 from Napa for $39.66 each. These do not have to proper connectors on the ends to snap into the stock wiring harness, and are a little short. I cut off the wiring and connectors off of the stock O2 sensors, and soldered them onto the new O2 sensors. This added more length to the wire, and allowed the new O2 sensors to plug into the vehicle harness and work properly. Put a little bit of “anti-seize” compound onto the O2 sensor threads, and screw them into the manifold. These should be torque down to 20-25ft/lbs.

·
Registered
279 Posts
above94 said:
2 quick questions

It looks like the stock mani has a diffrent down angle then the xerd and will not line up with my aftermarket exhuast HKS, looks like I have to put new piping

and what do I do with the sensors, whats the part number I would need and what wires to cut
I thought the same thing when comparing the Xerd with the stock manifold but it ended up fitting perfectly with my Apexi GT.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Dude, the headers do not bolt up to your cat-back. You should be bolting your headers to your stock mid-pipe. I have seen 3 personally, including my own, and there is really no fitment issues, atleast with how it bolts up.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts