Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not having much time to any real detailing due to the weather, etc. As an avid reader of autopia.org, I quickly learned the do's and the don'ts of detailing. Having some time off during spring break, I finally opened up my PC 7336SP orbital polisher. I polished my hood with the provided polisher and Meguiar's NXT paste wax, and it removed at least 75% of my swirls, and fine scratches. Mind you, in the 8 years I've had my Supra, it's never been polished, only waxed every year.

I should've bought a PC a LONG time ago, and detailed correctly from the get go. I can see why the autopia.org guys say it can become addictive, because it's so easy! It took a few minutes to get used to the way the machine behaves, but I was amazed at what I could do with the basic bare bones equipment(stock polish pad, and nxt paste wax[nxt has light cleaners and scratch removers in it]). I can't wait to see what a real pad kit + polish will do to my paint.

So, tonight, I'm going to place an order for the Sonus pad kit, Meguiar's #80 speed glaze, and maybe some new claybar.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,447 Posts
I recommend the Excel Detail kit and get a few extra green pads. I also recommend 2 yellow pads, as you will likely not use the orange pad ever unless serious defect removal is needed. I am speaking of only the Excel pads, not Sonus or LC.

I LOVE #80. I think you will like it.

It is addicting, I have spent a lot of money on pads and products since buying the PC. :)

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
I haven't tried the pads kit you are planning on using, but I am partial to the orange and red pads available from Griots Garage:D

Brad

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,447 Posts
MDSuPeRStAr said:
I recommend the Excel Detail kit and get a few extra green pads. I also recommend 2 yellow pads, as you will likely not use the orange pad ever unless serious defect removal is needed. I am speaking of only the Excel pads, not Sonus or LC.

I LOVE #80. I think you will like it.

It is addicting, I have spent a lot of money on pads and products since buying the PC. :)
The excel detail kit is also the best priced and great quality. It comes with a backing plate and several pads. An AWESOME deal. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
How to find this kit?

MDSuperstar....Where can you find the Excel kit you are referring to? I went to www.autopia.org, but it is like a forum....Need some navigation help. Do I need to register with them, or what?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
hey brian, what size backing plate are you getting? i just opened up my 7336 after 2 months and was about to order some stuff off of autopia. i was planning on getting a 6" backing plate and some pads along with the Klasee paint sealant.
keep us updated on how you car truns out.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,447 Posts
Suprafastmkiv said:
MDSuperstar....Where can you find the Excel kit you are referring to? I went to www.autopia.org, but it is like a forum....Need some navigation help. Do I need to register with them, or what?

Thanks,
www.exceldetail.com

Just send them an email and Patrick will walk you through everything, GREAT customer service and experience that backs up his words. Get several green, blue, and yellow pads. You will see that many people recommend him on Autopia as well (his pads are called Propel pads). Awesome pads at better prices than LC, edge, and others. I also recommend you look into the polishes they sell there. :bigthumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts