Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need to find out how to hook em up as in what pulg does it plug in to

i have plug off the trans but there no other plug long eghough to reach that far hell there is no plugs at all but the one on the drive side near the fire wall any one give me a good idea where to find this plug what ti looks liek ect i need ot pass thisd vi

so i just need ot know is there extion wire type plug thing or some thig i really need me hookkked up or at ;lest find otu what it suppost to hook up too

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ps my car was all ways a 5 spd

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what doe snay one know the plug that is danglying is olvel and stuff

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
The reverse light switch plugs into the engine harness. Its probably missing or jammed up somewhere near the engine.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Holy shit... not like its that hard. There's ONLY 2 plugs on the 5spd tranny!

1. Speed sensor - drivers side (rear loaction)
2. Reverse plug - passangers side (middle location)

I'm holding the reverse plug in my hand... the speed sensor is in the background:

·
JZ Enthusiast
3,010 Posts
pmpaluda said:
Holy shit... not like its that hard. There's ONLY 2 plugs on the 5spd tranny!

1. Speed sensor - drivers side (rear loaction)
2. Reverse plug - passangers side (middle location)

I'm holding the reverse plug in my hand... the speed sensor is in the background:
the wier the one u are holding is it coming out from the trans or from wiring harness ?

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
I use to do State Inspections down here in tx and the back up lights are the only lights they dont check.

Kruso

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
You won't find any wires/connectors dangling from the tranny, unless it's for the speed sensor. The reverse lights connector is located towards the top of the tranny and the 2-wire connector from the harness gets connected up there. I have NEVER been able to reach up there and find it. I guess it's fastened up there somehow.

Last time it was an issue for me, they had to loosen the tranny mount and connect it. After that, I always left it connected when removing the harness or whatever. I just cut the wires and used spade connectors on the ends and secured it to the firewall, near the brake master cylinder. That way I could always disconnect and reconnect them, without having to drop the tranny. There might be an easier way, or you can try and reach on up there if your arms are skinny enough. I had even tried removing the shifter assembly and reach through the top of the tranny.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts