Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have cloth seats in my mk4 supra should I buy a leather cover for them?
Buy aftermarket seats if so whats best?
Buy oem leather seats and have them redone?

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,888 Posts
That all comes down to personal preference. Sounds like you are after leather more than fabric so I'd figure that out first.
IMO, a bit easier route would be to redo your fabrics with freshened up foam and new leather covers from a good upholstery shop local to you, even if you supply the covers. Customization is a nice option as well. Aftermarket seats are great but be mindful of seat bases needed to install them and based of body habitus to fit comfortable. I personally run aftermarket seats but I also have pre 97 seats and also the 97+ OEM leathers. Of those 2, I prefer the pre 97's due to the snug and bolstered in comfy fit if you are thinking OEM's.

Reactions: jdm-rhd

·
...pop the hood!
1,008 Posts
i know some guys install honda s2000 seats

Reactions: bvq

·
Registered
11 Posts
That all comes down to personal preference. Sounds like you are after leather more than fabric so I'd figure that out first.
IMO, a bit easier route would be to redo your fabrics with freshened up foam and new leather covers from a good upholstery shop local to you, even if you supply the covers. Customization is a nice option as well. Aftermarket seats are great but be mindful of seat bases needed to install them and based of body habitus to fit comfortable. I personally run aftermarket seats but I also have pre 97 seats and also the 97+ OEM leathers. Of those 2, I prefer the pre 97's due to the snug and bolstered in comfy fit if you are thinking OEM's.
I like my seats, I think they are OEM that were rewrapped with leather, the fit is super comfy. One has a tear in it so I have to look into getting it repaired. What kind of a look are you going for?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like my seats, I think they are OEM that were rewrapped with leather, the fit is super comfy. One has a tear in it so I have to look into getting it repaired. What kind of a look are you going for?
just a very clean and aesthetic look, most importantly comfort as i daily my supra

1 - 5 of 5 Posts