Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help with a couple things that im not too sure of...

first of all, does anybody know if i have to pull the whole engine to get the power steering rack out? im having trouble with mine and i'll will be changing it out for a new one that works properly...

and also, something wierd happened yestrday and i dont know wat to do.. i disconnected my amp do replace it with a better one last nite, and everything went good.. but then today i went to turn off my car, and the clock and my deck wouldnt turn off?? they are both staying on for some reason and i cant figure out why... i disconnected the new amp to make sure it wasnt causing the problem, and its not... does anybody know what this could be or why this is happening??

thanks guys, kirk

·
Registered
432 Posts
first off I don't think you would have to pull the engine to change the PS rack. If you have the right tools and a clean place to start you should be fine. A little time consuming but fine.
For the second part obviously your radio is running off the battery. Did you mess with the wiring at all? I would check out the circuit. Also a dumb question.... When this happened did you turn your key all the way to the left and take it out of the ignition tumbler or only go 3/4 of the way and pull it out. One time I thought I turned mine off but the tumbler was still in the batt position with the key out of it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool so the ps rack shouldnt be a problem then...

i didnt mess with the wiring in behind the deck or the dash or anything, only around the amp when i changed it over... the key was turned all the way to the lock position, i cant take out the key unless its in that position... i thought there mite be a relay or something controlling that stuff and maybe that had gone or something, someone else told me that if the remote wire and power wire for the amp cross then that could cause a similar problem as well...

i aws out there today checking in behind the dash and deck and everything, and nothing looks out of place...

·
Registered
432 Posts
yeah you might have a wire cross somewhere. I'm not sure if the clock and radio are on the same fuse circuit. You could try to rewiring the cd player with another accessory wire to turn it on. That way it will still come on with the car and you will retain that power source so you won't loose your memory in the unit. But I believe the cd and the clock are hooked up to the fuse block. Whether they are tied together I don't know.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well all i do is just take off the face of the deck and then it turns off, so the deck isnt much of a problem, but the clock is on consistantly... i as thinking there mite have been a relay or something that regulated that stuff, and maybe that had gone, and now it is staying on.. but i dont know too much about wiring and all that...

·
Registered
432 Posts
try looking up the TSRM and follow the diagram. If it bothers you that much just put the clock on a switch. You might have to reset it everytime but it will go off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts