Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lag = Foreplay
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres the deal my moms 91 accord was running rough so i changed the plugs and cleaned out the TB and replaced the air filter about 3 weeks ago. The car runs fine and just last week it started doing this when put in park it will rev up to 2000 then drop to idle 900 or 1K the rev back up and drop again it will do this all day long. Other times (when cold) it will rev up to 2K which is normal for cold startup then just very slowly keep climbing. Whats the deal guys i have to get this thing right so my mom can get to work tommarow. BTW the car has a F22A6 engine and is auto.

·
Registered
976 Posts
yup. definitely a vaccuum leak. my corolla did the same cold start thing (idle high and then keep climbing) and i went over all the vac lines and the previous owner had installed a valve the wrong way. so instead of opening when vaccuum was applied, it closed. fixed the problem right there.

·
Lag = Foreplay
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixed it pcv line had a few pinholes I replaced it wit some silicon line next weekend i plan to do all the lines with silicon so i dont have this prob again thanks guys for the help

G

·
Did you take the TB off of the intake when you cleaned it? if so did you replace the gasket? if not that would be a good place to start. also try taking a propane torch open the valve but dont light it pass it near all the gaskets and the vac hoses sometimes if there is a leak it will change how the car idles depenging where and how bad the leak it will either rev up or bog down either way you will know where the leak is.
good luck :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts