Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing>> ..i would like to ask what choices of DBB turbos do i have for this manifold ??? :drool:
Second >> How does it compare in quality performance and [ SOUND ]
to the all mighty HKS turbo manifold .????? :rolleyes:

your comments and inputs thanks in advance. :)

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
Sound is the best of any manifold short of the Full Race. Beware that the standard RPS manifold/Deltagate tend to boost creep if you put too large a downpipe on it. They like to have a 3" downpipe only.

I am a real fan of this manifold, but you have to really want one anymore as they are hard to come by and generally require re-welding and re-coating before they will be functional and pretty. I paid a lot to have mine completely refurbished!

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
Sound is the best of any manifold short of the Full Race. Beware that the standard RPS manifold/Deltagate tend to boost creep if you put too large a downpipe on it. They like to have a 3" downpipe only.

I am a real fan of this manifold, but you have to really want one anymore as they are hard to come by and generally require re-welding and re-coating before they will be functional and pretty. I paid a lot to have mine completely refurbished!
Those true merge collectors really sound good. Many years ago I heard my first RPS, very distinctive sound compared to the other singles at the track (Vegas 1999).

It wasn't until Full Race Geoff started posting here that I learned what the difference in sound was caused by.

Too bad the RPS was never cloned with better quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts