Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to avvoid rain but might ever once in a while end up in it. Had bridgestone Pole Position S02 on it but they are getting realy worn. I need some traction badly

Chris

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BFG Drag Radials. Especially if your car isn't a daily driver, so you can keep the miles low on those tires.

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
paul_c said:
BFG Drag Radials. Especially if your car isn't a daily driver, so you can keep the miles low on those tires.
do they make if for bfg drag radials in 275/40/17
and how much?
where can I get them from ?
thanx :)

·
3,148 Posts
Do you want straight line traction or cornering traction. Given that you drive a Supra, you probably are more concerned with straight line traction.

R compound for cornering traction.

Dragradial for stright line traction.

BFGoodrich G-Force KD if you want the most traction out of a true street tire.

Later, Steve

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Steve,

"BFGoodrich G-Force KD if you want the most traction out of a true street tire."

1. Are these quiet tires (85mph, fwy driving)?
2. For what speeds are they rated?
3. Cornering traction rating?
4. Straight line traction rating?

Please reply only if you happen to know off the top of your head...
if you have to search for any of that info then I can do it too...

TIA,

Jay :blue:

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
supra_10 said:
Steve,

"BFGoodrich G-Force KD if you want the most traction out of a true street tire."

1. Are these quiet tires (85mph, fwy driving)?
2. For what speeds are they rated?
3. Cornering traction rating?
4. Straight line traction rating?

Please reply only if you happen to know off the top of your head...
if you have to search for any of that info then I can do it too...

TIA,

Jay :blue:
The KD's are the best dry-grip/handling street tires out there at the moment, bar none.

They are NOT quiet for freeway driving. They're Z-Y rated for 149+/186MPH. Their cornering is damn good and their staight line grip is very good -- not as good as a drag radial after a burnout, but close.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/bfg/bfg_gforce_kd.jsp

and test results:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testResultsModel.jsp?tireModel=g-Force+T/A+KD&tireMkae=BFGoodrich

Too bad the right rear 315s are on backorder.... I will need new tires in a couple weeks and I run these in 275/315 for daily driving and road racing.

Andi

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Andi,

Are any tires out there that are "just as good" grip-wise etc., that are also QUIET?
I don't like the fwy noise, especially on long trips.

BTW, how do you post pics, like you did? Do you add them to your sig?

Thanks much,

Jay :cool:

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
supra_10 said:
Andi,

Are any tires out there that are "just as good" grip-wise etc., that are also QUIET?
I don't like the fwy noise, especially on long trips.

BTW, how do you post pics, like you did? Do you add them to your sig?

Thanks much,

S-02 Pole Positions had great grip and were pretty quiet. Almost as much dry grip, and considerably better wet grip. But I think they don't make them anymore, they've been replaced by the S-03 Pole Position. I haven't tried the S-03. It may be just as good, or it may be worse, or it may be better. heh. Remember how Michelin destroyed the awesome MXX3 and replaced it with the piece of shit Pilot Sport.... :rolleyes:

To post a pic, you must host it on a server (or attach it to the message) then use UBBCode's img tag to put it in the message....

Andi

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Andi,

Thanks on the tires info...

Regarding attachments, well, they're currently limited to 100K and most pics, even zipped, are larger than that.

Maybe, now that a new server is in place, we should get on Dusty's case on increasing the limit.
Otherwise, I'm not sure where I can find a host.

Thx again,

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Need an opinion. The nitto NT555 R.
Do you guys recommend them? I hear that the BF Goodrich G-force KD is better.
My application is street driving and drag on weekends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts