Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a DETAILED wiring diagram for an engine harness. It's for an early 89 turbo, automatic, no TEMS.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll check it out and see if it'll help :) :)

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
doh...my bad, im sorry thegirlwiththesupra...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if an 88 engine harness and an 88 ECU would fit in say a 90 model car? And what is the pigtail for on the 87/88 ECU's.
Here's the deal:
I am trying to help a friend out who's got a 89 N/A auto that he's converting to turbo (auto). He got f*cked on his wiring harness, they sent him one for a manual, but it's also missing a lot of the connectors. The people he bought the engine from cut the harness to get it out of the car, so it's no good either. It still has some of the connectors, but not all of them. Plus he's got the old N/A harness that came off his old engine. So I am trying to make one good harness out of all three, but am running into a lot of problems. So any help would be appreciated :)

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
umm...im almost positive the turbo and n/a harnesses are vastly different. Though i have no knowledge of your electrical/wiring abilities, id say it would prob be easier to try and source a full harness from somewhere. as for the 88 harness fitting in a 90 chassis with an 88 ecu, i assume its possible as long at its an 88 engine, though i dont really know much about the electrical differences of the different model years. HTH

·
re-born
1,584 Posts
the auto and manual wire harness are not much diifferent
it just has a few extra plugs near the starter

I am using a auto harness on my 5-speed car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts