Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JDM Work Equip 18"rim. The size are 18x10J+22 and 18x11.5+28 114.3 5 hole

I'm really not sure how to even read this info, wut does the J mean? Will the +28 rim stick out further than the +22 rim? How would these rims fit on an MKIII supra?
I wanna put these on my 92 Toyota Aristo but I'm not sure obout the offsets and if they will stick out. A rim place told me I could fit 38-45 in the front and 37-50 in the rear but I dont know if they knew wut they were talkin about. Does that mean these rims are too wide or too skinny for my car? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Fly Navy
589 Posts
I honestly don't have any idea for a MKIII, but I would almost confidently say without question that there is NO WAY IN HELL you'll be able to run that wide of a rim on that low of an offset. For us MKIV guys, we need like 48-50mm of offset to run an 11.5" rim in the rear. NO WAY will a 28mm offset and an 11.5 fit under your rear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess wheel shops cant modify an offset to make it fit better at all? So a larger offset will help you fit a wider rim. How wide of a rim would u need to fit 255 tires on it?

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
You'd have to rework the hoops to get a higher offset. Not worth it especially if you are buying JDM wheels. There are probably 100+ sets of Work Equips on yahoo auctions at any given time not to mention you can buy them new here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guess it would be alot easier to find proper fitting rims rather than modify other ones. Wut do u mean u can buy them new here? I'm having trouble finding good places online to buy rims for cheaper. Anyone got a link to yahoo auctions with lotsa jdm rims for sale?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts