Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ~ I have a 95 NA Supra , 5 speed manual , Balatic Blue colour , done about 87k kms ~ I have only just added a K&N Air Intake...... all stock apart from that

well ~ I live in New Zealand , and its nothing compare to the states ~ but I want to make my Supra the 1st well known car in my city, ~

I am currently studying ~ so it will take alot of time to save up my money for mods,
I have always wanted a TT Supra , but just like what I said ~ takes ages to save up , so I decide to get the NA Supra first , and enjoy driving it without the turbo ~ but now ~ I want more power ! ....... and I want TURBO ! Japanese car is all about turbo ~ I hate people come up to me and ask is it Turbo ? I can always say it will be turbo charged soon ~ sigh*.....

well ~ should I go for NA-T ? it cost alot of money for the kit and shipping cost ~ and I am thinking to get a Blitz Nur Spec exhaust for my next mod ~ but if I am gonna turbo it in the future , its a waste , cause I can only use 2.5 inch now , where after turbo its 3inch ~ and I have always wanted a Bomex Body kits.....
and ofcourse sound system ~

dame ~ so many mods ......... which one should I go for ~ Turbo kits takes ages..... or I can just get the exhaust system first , sounds goodd , increase a bit of performance.......hum......... ~ help me decided guys

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
man u should be able to get the JDM tt motor and transmissions fairly cheap because of your close proximaty to japan.
I say go for the full swap. Here in the states tt engines and tranny's are harder to come by.
Otherwise miore people would do the full swap instead of just the NA-T conversion.
You should be able to get all the parts much cheaper then here in the states

·
Registered
1997 Black Hardtop Supra
642 Posts
I am in the same boat as you are Malachi.. I own a 93 Baltic Blue Hard topper NA. I am planning on being the first NA-T Baltic Blue yet. If you can do a JDM Swap under 5000 grand i would do that otherwise you should work on the basic's. There are a lot of tricky factors of going Na to NA-T. I am also looking into the bomex kit besides front bumper, going cwest. If you looking for some more power and sound you should purchase the exshaust then save for a swap or Turbo kit. If you go swap you will run into less problems and and about the same installation time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe I can just get a Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust for my NA supra now , and leave the Turbo as my last mod ~

cause in New Zealand , we dont have crazy high horse power car here ~ a NA SUpra can beat alot of cars..... there arent many racing going on , and we hardly got any high ways

so Turbo is kinda a waste here in New Zealand ~ wont be able to fully use it.

so I'd say go for Looks , sounds , and see if you really need a turbo at the end ~

·
Registered
1997 Black Hardtop Supra
642 Posts
you mean 3 1/2? becuase 2 1/2 is pretty small

·
Registered
1997 Black Hardtop Supra
642 Posts
You can find Engine+tranny+harness+computer Chips for cheap sometimes but its not that often/more so luck. You are probably looking between 3500+4500 for just the items not installation. Before you purchase a motor make sure to get compression numbers done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hum ~ maybe I will leave the turbo at last..... probably just NA-T , cause I am not going too powerful

about the Blitz Nur Spec , how does it work ?
it says here http://www.blitz-na.com/Blitz_Ex_Spec.htm

MT2080 Supra JZA80 93-98 80mm $440.00 I think that is for NA Supra , how many inch is the exhaust ?

because for a NA supra 2.5 inch is just right for it ~ if you go too big , you will loose power ~

but they also say there is a second part ~ which is under Nur Racing Spec , but under that it says its for TT supras ~

so I guess I will just get that Nur Spec Part ~ .......... and it will sound awesome and incrase 5-20 hp average is that right ? oh and do you need the muffler to make the sound or just the exhaust will do ~?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Go talk to Kevin he can help you out..
check out his website he can give you a great deal on a turbo for your na. So check out his websitewww.naperformance.com or you can give him a email.. tell him i sent you

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Ask the austrailian supra/soarer guys
They know all the good engine exporters in japan

maybe soarerplanet.com

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
I got turbo exhaust on my NA, but thats because I'm going NA-T in near future. You want to be recognized? Well you got a Supra, so you got a head start,. If you want to impress some girls, go cosmetic, most girls don't care about speed, they just want something to look good in. If you want some "respect" from some fellow car enthusiests, then go turbo. As far as the exhaust goes, don't expect a whiplash after you install it.

Nick

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
if you go turbo either na-t or tt, it'll have the Looks and Sound too :biggrin:

if not, then i would agree with the exhaust upgrade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
heh : D I want both

I want to impress girls and respect ! : >

I guess modding up a car and ricing up ~ just takes time , unless you are rich : > I am not ~ so well ~ its aways good to have some thing that you want to do next to your car

I will get turbo ~ its just a metter of time , and before that I wanan get a nice bomex body kit , like F and the furious

1 - 14 of 14 Posts