Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a year of debating what to get as a fun street car the day finally has come! I loved messing around with my supra back when it was 6spd. The day I decided to put the Th400 in it I KNEW I would eventually need something again that I could go out and bang gears in on the street and even at the track.

Well, after looking and looking I finally purchased it....

Friday I will be picking up my new 1997 Red/Black GTS viper with 19k miles on it. Car is basicly stock with the exception of an intake system, no cats, and headers.

Can't wait untill friday. I am now debating what I want to do as far as initial mods.

Eventually I will put a SC setup on it, but I think a nitrous system will be on order shortly for the time being!

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Pics are due 1 hour after pick up.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
just in time for the gas prices to sky rocket, too! hahahaha :wavey:

·
Banned
497 Posts
While I LOVE the GTS, I thinking I'm going to go after a C6 Z06 instead.

Good luck w/ the car. :cool:

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
GTS's are fun, reliable cars. First mods should be some MGW interior parts, especially their short shifter which makes shifting a breeze.

Plus, new wheels are in order for the 97's, as they are only 17's I believe. Look for some take-offs from a SRT for cheap. They will really complete the look of the car.

Congrats!

·
Blower Whine FTW
252 Posts
GTS's are fun, reliable cars. First mods should be some MGW interior parts, especially their short shifter which makes shifting a breeze.

Plus, new wheels are in order for the 97's, as they are only 17's I believe. Look for some take-offs from a SRT for cheap. They will really complete the look of the car.

Congrats!
ya but look at the tire sizes for friggen 17's
P275/40ZR17 front/P335/35ZR17 rear

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Congrats. I'm sure you will have no problems feeling like King of the Road.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Congrats. I'm sure you will have no problems feeling like King of the Road.
Dunno man, 450hp isn't all that much these days, hell 4door sedans have more than that.

Luckily there are plenty of mods to be had... :cool:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So your R-Rev supra wasnt enough... Now you have to have an R-Rev Viper?
Im not planning on doing as crazy of stuff to the viper as I have done to the supra, it will hopefully stay semi-mild.

And I just took a look at the MGW parts, it looks nice. I just ordered the knob. The stock shifter does look horrible!

I also agree the 97 rims are not that cool. They are one of the first things that will be going.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Dunno man, 450hp isn't all that much these days, hell 4door sedans have more than that.

Luckily there are plenty of mods to be had... :cool:
Correct.

However, I meant "feeling" regarding hedonistic pleasures as one rides in a hulking icon (of course riding in a Maybach or Hummer H1 would likely get one to feel that way too).

Of course fast junkers will always try to challenge the car so they can get some satisfaction beating a Viper. But if I was cruising in one I'd care less and still feel as proud as king.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Switching from Supra to Viper is soooo 2006...;)

Congrats.

-Olivier

1 - 20 of 28 Posts