Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
+1 FTMFW
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if my dad doesnt fall in love in the next one we see cuz he was previusly disipointed buy a lier we drove 100 milles to see it cuz it had pretty low miles and he said it ran great so when we get there and we noticed his paint was destroid and there was a huge dend in the passenger side and the bumper was cracked then we drove it and it started backfiering and missfiering and started smoking

so it looks like its on to a 99 solara 5spd wich is nice but id rather have a supra

B

·
0 Posts
wow,
for how much a '99 solara is probably worth you could easily find a mint condition '91 or '92....

·
+1 FTMFW
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dad doesnt want a old car cuz we just got a new house and he got a new car and he said he wants somthin newer than 96

i found a 99 white solara 5spd v6 for 9800 with 50,000 miles ont it

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
i like those 2-door camry's..my dad has one.

btw, TRD makes a supercharger for the v6..somethin to convince ur dad about if he snags the solara.

P

·
0 Posts
Too bad... I went through about 4 supras before I found mine and they were all POS including the one I bought. haha

I was rushed for time though. Just keep an eye out and maybe you will find a nice supra if your dad will let you get it.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
10k .... don't get a solara there are WAY more better choices, hell you can get a good kouki (97-98) 240sx

1998 240sx

That one is an auto and it's a bit ricey but you could find a stock one or even a lightly modded one for around the same price, and the KA is a weak stock engine but can last a long time and there are a few turbo kits (i think f max has one and so does greddy) that will get you into the respectable power range.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
damn, you could get the nicest MK3 supra for $9,800... I bet you could EASILY find one that already has all the major problems fixed, like a metal head gasket installed etc.. But for some reason by the way you speak, I don't think you should have a supra...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would definetly go for the solara over a 240sx, I'd go with a solara over alot of things, it's really a nice car and its toyota so you know it's gunna run forever

·
+1 FTMFW
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would never buy a 240 they got like 140 hp i know they have a super charger for the solara and i told my dad that im gunna supercharg it no matter what

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
My mom has a 99 Solara V6 SLE I believe. I always cruise it around when the Supra isn't running and go take out all the (WHAT I BELIEVE) are ricers. The car is awesome on the highway, so smooth and very roomy and comfortable(Black Leather).

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
hah ya 240s suck esp when compared to fwd 2 dr camrys with "economic" suspension...

Ang

·
Member Bushwood CC
357 Posts
Maybe you should ask him to get you a DICTIONARY before you get a car. :urowned:

I had to do it mang...sorry :D

Good luck with whatever you get!

P

·
0 Posts
In your price range you could pick up a mkIV supra. Didn't look to hard but I found this one pretty quickly. Dunno where you are though so I can't refine the search.

Good luck in what ever you get man.

·
+1 FTMFW
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry i was being lectured on the phone by my girlfriend while i was typing and im not too cordinated

automatic is out of the question i cant stand driving automatic sorry i have a.d.d. i get bored easily and a automatic aint helpin

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Pulse1 said:
In your price range you could pick up a mkIV supra. Didn't look to hard but I found this one pretty quickly. Dunno where you are though so I can't refine the search.
Eh... a relatively high mileage (although very few by MKIII and toyota standards) NON-turbo towards the end of his price range doesn't sound like a great idea.

mk3supraholic said:
sorry i was being lectured on the phone by my girlfriend while i was typing and im not too cordinated

automatic is out of the question i cant stand driving automatic sorry i have a.d.d. i get bored easily and a automatic aint helpin
Not coordinated with ADD? That doesn't speak well of your future driving competence :p Finding a gem of a MKIII will take some time, just tell your dad to calm down and have patience. It will pay off.

Although if I had to do it all again... a 240 would be appealing, but I think supra still wins in my mind.

Y

·
0 Posts
with 10 grand you could buy 20 shitty cars, get all your friends to come over, and have your own demolition derby. The winnining car would have to be hella tough, and I'm sure would last a while. I mean c/mon it survived a DD!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts