Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting passenger in the Viper while my friend is driving on Friday night. And I see the tail lights of a MKIV supra ahead. We get close and the license plate says "MKIVOWNU" and its a black supra. My friend pulls up next to him and revs. He sees us and he revs to redline and bounces off the rev limiter several times and spits out a bunch of black smoke from his exhaust, then puts it into gear and floors it. We floor it, and we race and beat him. But his car was pretty fast it did ok. Seemed to have like 450hp. Ran like shit though with black smoke coming out the exhaust and we saw puffs of blue smoke when he came to a stop and then went from a stop.

So anyway we follow him into Pacific Beach and every time there was a stop sign we tried to pull up next to him but he would just run the stop signs. Whata bitch. Anyways I know a lot of people have problems with Manny Alves so I thought I'd mention my little encounter. He drove like a real bitch ass. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
280 Posts
lol...sounds like a Viper beats a poor running Supra that smokes. Is the supra even BPU?

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Guy named Manny driving a black MkIV with like 450HP that runs shitty and doesnt drive well? You sure thats California? Sounds like a guy locally...

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
Guy named Manny driving a black MkIV with like 450HP that runs shitty and doesnt drive well? You sure thats California? Sounds like a guy locally...
yeah... that could be a possibilty.

The original poster just happened to forget what state he lives in.... happens all the time.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:

who are you talking about?? they from venice?? i only know of 1 black supra and its a 1997 t72 single turbo black on tan 6 spd

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
sidoze said:
Was such a great car...sad to hear it getting abused.
Judging by your sig, his isnt the only one getting abused... :stickpoke

·
Banned
865 Posts
You should have ran him off the road or something. Better to see a supra gone then in the hands of him.

He worked on some of the Supras on these boards, he used cheap junk to get them working. Ending up damaging more then it could have if it was properly fixed. I saw one personally at Dynoxtreme leaking massive amounts of oil because the turbo return line was held on by chicken wire or something. Sarkais said it was a complete joke and was surprised it was even running.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
WOTM said:
Yes that mother f-er ripped us off for $400 too!!!!!

lol he told me you personally invited him to work for you :hahano:

·
Registered
522 Posts
slither said:
Judging by your sig, his isnt the only one getting abused... :stickpoke
I'm sure you're just joking around but I'll respond anyway just to be fair. :)

Theres plenty of guys that hate kits on the Supra, let alone wide ones. I purchased my car in 2003/2004 in TERRIBLE shape with the intention of restoring it and turning it into a garage queen/part time road course machine.

Only nice part about my car when I bought it was awesome compression and a straight chassis. Since then I have completely redone the suspension (coilovers, brakes, wheel bearings, bushings, etc), sanded down and recoated the underside of the car, new interior panels(still need a lot more), replaced the messed up stock intercooler with a 3row, 98 headlights...blah blah blah.....currently Curtis is helping me fit and refinish one of his hoods, then its off to Dan's Toy for some fabrication...CarAid for the single...Maverick for a head build and a check up on the tranny/short block and we'll finish it off with the paintjob when our body guy frees up here when summer starts. Took me a while to figure out what I wanted from it exactly and to get the money together but it'll be "finished" soon enough...

Now Manny's car.....is Keith Ta's brother's old car, which was still low milage and in beautiful condition, inside and out, when it was sold to him. Manny practically pulled one of those Ethopian scams on Keith to try to save a few bills on the deal, for which I might ad was already a good price.....and then now to see Manny has broken the body work and is just wrecking the motor is saddening...

I think you should at least agree that the caliber of the abuse is drastically different.

S

·
0 Posts
as far as i know he did move to florida. i met the guy a couple times at the oc meets last thing i knew he moved to pensecola fl.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts