Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to make a different video to my usual, and I think it turned out well. The MkV is an incredible beast, and I already miss it... so much so I will be picking up another press fleet Supra on Friday to film even more with it.

Hope you guys enjoy!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Terrible investment. Not only you're looking at a expensive vehicle in a low performance bracket, you will be spending even more maintaining it than any other brand on average. It'll depreciate in value like a BMW.

If you don't have the means to keep up, it is engineered to become a lemon if money is not thrown at it. Dead battery? Guess you'll just have to tow it to the dealership and they might have to rebuild your ECU, and reprogram the car, and provide you with a rental in the meantime. And you want to buy in to this sort of shit? Sounds classy af

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is going to be in my next video, which is the top 6 reasons not to buy a supra, but that was my second car that week - the first had a drive-train failure. I'm sure it is a relatively isolated incident, and to be honest its a press car so it probably was throttled since day one, but it wrote home to me that it is very much a BMW under the skin.

Still, it was a joy to drive!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
First of all the "A90" chassis doesn't actually exist. I know Toyota throws it out there a lot, but it's clearly for the gullible and for marketing purposes only. The MK5's chassis code is DB43 (LHD American chassis), which stems from the convertible J29 chassis.

It's funny because the internet keeps repeating "bUt ThE SuPrA hAs a StiFFeR cHaSsiS tHaN tHe Z4" but that's because it's a hardtop. The said internet never had the chance to compare the MK5 to a Hardtop variant of the Z4, because BMW had stopped offering the Z4 as a coupe (hardtop). They still make the hardtop chassis but they label it as a 'Supra' strangely.

You want to pull some views why not shed light on the fun facts?

Like how Z4 sale figures in most recent years reflect a car that should have ended production by 2015.

or how the list of work needed for the B58 to hit 1000hp at the CRANK reads like a 7M.

95 Posts
Your posting on the wrong forum OP. No one here wants to hear that some people like the new SUPRA.

That's why you dont see any MKV owners on this forum, it's filled with bitter MKIV owners that keep attacking and making fun of them till they leave.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Your posting on the wrong forum OP. No one here wants to hear that some people like the new SUPRA.

That's why you dont see any MKV owners on this forum, it's filled with bitter MKIV owners that keep attacking and making fun of them till they leave.
The problem is people like him showing up and telling us how great it is then in his SECOND post tells us he had to get another car because of a failure....

That is NOT Toyota quality, that's a typical BMW pos

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

he probably won’t be back, he’s trying to get views just like every other YouTuber. Question is...what are you still doing on this forum?

Reactions: Shady 2jz

·
Registered
903 Posts

great attitude for a vendor account

bout as douchy as the car your trying to sell parts for

·
iSPOOL
1,400 Posts
great attitude for a vendor account

bout as douchy as the car your trying to sell parts for
I found it's wise to ignore that vendor. Claims its bitter MKIV guys yet there's MKIV guys who bought it. Plus its every generation of Supra owner that don't like the car, plus nearly every Toyota enthusiast that doesn't like the car.

I remember the days when vendors had tact and held themselves to a higher standard.

Reactions: Gary Bechtold

·
2,129 Posts
First post is a link to a youtube video. Seems spammy to me.

No need to click on the video, the answer to the is it worth buying for $100k question is No. Not even $50k, plenty of fire sales out there now.

Incredible beast... lol

Seriously E.P.H., why even bring that up. It's way better right now on the vitriol and people will always complain, especially on the Zupra.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.