Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Sterling said:
Lets just say this guys

And you gotta send them atleast 1000 Watts of clean power.. Like the JL 1000/1

I heard 2 12W7s hooked up to a Rockford 500.1 (they were getting about 200W RMS a piece) and they slammed just fine.

This is what I would recomend since from what I was told, is that the W7 (12's atleast) dont fit in most cars........ because of the damn box they have to be in.

Humm... the 12W7 is going to fit in my Supra just fine.

I would get a single W7 10, and hook up a 1000/1 JL amp to each Voice Coil.

Two problems... max rating on the 10W7 is 500 W. And of course they're single voice coil.

Tito

So far i havent had a single dislike about the new cadence stuff. We have one of their new 4 channel amps (Z4000) running two pairs of Cadence's components in a 32' Baja and it absolutely screams, clear as day. For both subs and amps i really like Cadence, affordable, and put out the wattage that they claim, plus they sound really clear and look good.
As far as what we carry, Cadence, Orion, ADS, Focal, Eclipse, Dynaudio, Audiobahn, PPI, Sony, Pioneer, Clarion, Crossfire, Panasonic, god i cant remember all of it. If you have something in particular you are looking for, give me the model # and i'll look it up for you.

Heres a pic of some W7's in a Lincoln ( i think) at World Finals

Hmmm...

The 10W7 is 8" deep. It DOES NOT weigh 40 lbs. It weighs approximately 25 lbs...

The 12W7 weighs about 40lbs...

I am going to be running three in series. With a ORION XTRPRO 2400 amp. They handle 500 watts continuos...
The amp pushes out 2400 watts at 1 ohm stable...

In a custom FG box. A 10W7 only needs 1.00-1.50 cu.ft. Not much at all...

Also it is a single voive coil. But with a 2.75" single voice coil why would you need another?

I had three 12W6's in my old MKIII and wasn't even happy with that. Was hitting 151 decibels untuned at half volume...

supra_97tt : Looking for either a MAX2256 receiver or a Eclipse 7301. Let me know if you can find them new. I can get them used but I rather a new one for myself...

Also do you carry MMATS?

W7's in the JL car at Finals
Those are not W7's.

W7's do not have the 'traditional' JL logo on the cone/dustcap. They have a small dime sized W7 logo near the edge of the cone. Very clean.

I have heard them and they are everything I was hoping and more. Sure, JL recommends 500 watts for the 12" but can handle much more than that safely.

Hell, I ran 3-10" W3's for over a year with over 1000 watts RMS running to them! For a while even more like 1500+ watts! JL only 'recommends' 250 watts for the W3.

I have heard this straight from the guy who designed that sub.....

"We ran a 12" W7 with a 40hz cycle at 5000 watts RMS (home amp) to test its limit.... it ran for a little over 5 hours"

You will have no problem with the speaker regardless of the power you run to it. I would run a minimum of 500 watts to justify the money spent on the speaker.

I myself would put as much power as I could afford. Too much power is NEVER bad.

Thomas Kenyon

I totally agree with you Thomas. The 10" is rated at 500 continous. The 12" is rated at 750 continous. The 13" is rated at 1000 watts continous...

I think there would be no problem at all giving the 12" 1000 watts RMS.
I am going to be pushing roughly 700 watts into each 10" sub.

These things should rock.

"We ran a 12" W7 with a 40hz cycle at 5000 watts RMS (home amp) to test its limit.... it ran for a little over 5 hours"

That is unbelievable. At 40 hz with a 1000 watts most subs would catch on fire in a few minutes...

I pushed about 1100 watts into 2 10" MTX5000 or 6000 or something like that and they fried completely in less than an hour.

These subs are seriously one of the best subs I have ever seen or heard. I will post up pics. of the installation when it's complete...

Also Thomas if you dont mind how much do you sell the 10W7's for? Also do you carry MMATS? You could PM or e-mail me with your response if you'd like. Or post here if it's good for you. Thanks.

This thing I am sure of

I was talking to the manager over at the local Car Toys.

He got to listen to these things, and take them apart quite a few months ago.

He said that they played a 9hz signal.. 500 watt maby..... through the 10"

He said it pushed the XMAX to its limit, he said he saw the cone move like.. 4 inches each direction(?) could be wrong on the length (?)

He also said that everything was Wavy.......... like the table it was on looked wavy like. and they HAD to bolt it to a table that was bolted to the ground.

ThumperAC said:
I can get the 12W7 for $625 from a local dealer. Of course, this is not the price that he sells to the public.
That is a sweet deal. What about the 10"?

I would be interested in buying a couple off ya...

I sell the 10" for $599 and the 12" for $750. That is full retail price from JL. It is a "If you don't want to buy it then I have 10 more people that will at that price."

I will "deal" for certain people however.

The previous prices that are listed are more than fair. Jump on them!

TK

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Can anyone answer my question....How many ohms is the W7? How is it wired (series, parallel). And what does the amp going to be at (4ohms, 2ohms)???? mono, stereo?? I have a Fosgate bd1000a1 to power the W7....it is rated at 1000@2ohms mono and 500@4ohms. How much will be going to my W7? Thanks

Thomas

That was completely my bad, i must have posted up the wrong picture, i meant to post up the JL demo car but i guess i messed up.

Tito- I THINK we can get a hold of MMATS, not positive. What were you looking for? If we cant get it, i know someone that can. On the other stuff, let me check, i will get back to you on it as soon as i can.

The other day at the sound shop i go to the manager brought his kid with him to work for some reason, about 10 or 11, and he knocked a 12w7 off the counter onto the floor. Made me almost want to cry, they had it out just to show it and the kid tried to pick it up then all of a sudden theres a crash and everyone turns and we see the thing broken on the floor. What a waste...

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.