Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(if this is in the wrong section then please tell me or mods move it)

Mickey Thompson® Sportsman S/R™
Radial, black, tubeless, 8/32 tread depth

This Modern Day Version of our Classic Sportsman Tire Features Radial Construction and a Unique Flamed Tread Pattern. Extra Wide Rears and Matching Fronts Make This Tire a Must for Any Street Rod or Street Machine Builder!

# RADIAL CONSTRUCTION FOR HIGH MILEAGE AND SMOOTH RIDE
# UNIQUE "FLAMED" TREAD PATTERN
# CUSTOM SIZES FOR STREET RODS AND MUSCLE CARS
# AVAILABLE FOR 15", 18" AND 20" WHEEL DIAMETERS
# MATCHING FRONT "SKINNY'S" FOR STAGGERED FITMENTS
# D.O.T. APPROVED

available in a 26x6r18 (about a 155/65r18)...
which could fit these wheels below (also from mickey thompson)

HR-2 Wheel
100% Rotary Forged ALUMINUM Wheel

One-Piece Rotary-Forged Aluminum Wheels With Distinctive Styling and a Highly Polished, Mirror-Like Finish, These Top Quality Wheels Will Make Your Hot Rod or Street Rod Stand Out From the Crowd! Available in 2 Styles, the Modern HR-1 and the Retro Style HR-2 Come in Sizes Up To an Incredible 20x16! The Perfect Wheels to Complement our Sportsman S/R Radial Tires.

# LIGHT WEIGHT
# TUBELESS CONSTRUCTION
# FORGED ALUMINUM, FULLY CNC MACHINED

and these are available in our bolt pattern

bottom line is, the wheels retail for about $200 each, and the tires go for $150 each (prices from Summit), which is rather cheap and a very good new alternative to running N/A calipers and using 15 inch runners

but my question is, will the backspacing fit and clear the calipers? or will you have to run spacers, or will they just not fit period

help me out here tire and wheel gurus!

G

·
hmmm most supra use 2.25 backspacing and thiers has 1.75 which is only off by 1/2 inch but i think we use the 2.25 backspacing mostly to clear the caliper. worst comes to worse if the 1.75 doesnt fit for some reason you can always get 1/2 inch spacers then.

are you sure the wheels are 200 each ? when i checked they were 650 each.

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supradup said:
hmmm most supra use 2.25 backspacing and thiers has 1.75 which is only off by 1/2 inch but i think we use the 2.25 backspacing mostly to clear the caliper. worst comes to worse if the 1.75 doesnt fit for some reason you can always get 1/2 inch spacers then.

are you sure the wheels are 200 each ? when i checked they were 650 each.
damnit... i made a boo boo.... the classics are $200 each, and the HR-1s and HR-2s are in the 600s

ok scratch that idea

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
CCW is working a street package to go with these tires. When I called a few weeks ago they said it should be available in the next month. Basically it will use a sectioned 18" classic like thier race setup with this MT tire. I saw a preview of it at PRI and it looked like a great option for those with big brakes as well as the new vipers and vettes.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Suprasarecool said:
whatever happened to the WELD wheels that were supposely in development? 17 inch i believe?

Wheels are done, however MH never got on the ball and got the tires made (after 1.5 years of talking abotu them being "in the works". So until there is a set of tires made for this wheelset they are about useless.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,532 Posts
supradup said:
what about the spare tire size ? isnt that 17" ?
it's a 17" but there aren't any tire company that makes any tire sizes that fit with it.. or at least not yet

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
SHOMSPEED said:
How do these tires compare, to BFG DR's..are they better?
umm.... these are for the front, I don't think tread pattern or rubber compounds are going to matter much for a front runner .

·
Registered
27 Posts
onelove said:
umm.... these are for the front, I don't think tread pattern or rubber compounds are going to matter much for a front runner .
LOL...no, Im talking about the M/T Sportsman S/R Radial.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts