Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Yesterday i was in my car and this little Kia Spectra was trying to race me for like 5 miles so finally i down shifted into 3rd about 50mph and punched it, by the time i hit 5th i was at 130mph and let up.I looked in my rear view mirror and blue smoke was everywhere. It is only doing it when the turbo spools up. i have oil all in my intercooler pipes & BOV.....please help me out guys....

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i vote turbo seals are going out. how much boost you running?
do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im running 9 lbs with a greddy catback.....and if it is the seals how do i replace them?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
pretty much you have to spend about $475 for a rebuilb and with that you might as well get an upgrade for that much.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Park this car now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

belive me I know

Jeff

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for everything guys, its not really a bad thing cause its just an opportunity to upgrade so....... and yes i killed the KIA :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, i had a turbo logic manuel boost controller on it so i took it off yesterday and test drove my car and it felt like it was fine..no smoke or nothing, just like new...do u guys think it sounds like its gonna be ok?

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
naw... b/c most likely you're runnin a lot lesser boost without the controller hooked up. Check out the seals, and get a rebuilt. I'm in the midst of doing that right now. Getting a 60trim with a bunch of other toys.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aight bro, i appreciate it.......now i just need to find someone in Alabama that has a turbo upgrade cause i get income tax April 8.....hehehehe! if yall can help please do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts