Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to sell my Type X components because they just aren't what I expected them to be. I think they might be broken or something as well because when the bass hits on the mids, it sounds very distorted, almost like the speakers are taking a shit.

I've been inspred by playboi's Diamond thread, and I have about 200 bucks to spend (USD) on a new set of speakers.

Please give me your opinion on what the best speaker is for my price range. I'm hoping for something from CDT or Diamond (or anything else that is as reputable and in the price range).

let's hear it guys!

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Zylo said:
ha!

/a/d/s/ and rainbow? $200 dollars?

Are you trying to give me a heart attack from laughing so hard? :p

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-61A-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-101083.htm

I know zero about Type X's.. so I can't directly compare.
Wow! Those are very cheap. 150 bucks and silk tweeters?

Zylo afte reading a lot of your posts I can safely conclude that you definitely know your shit when it comes to speakers.

This is what you would get if you were on my budget?

*Edit* I just found these being sold locally

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-63-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-108378.htm

They are CDT CL-63 for 220 Canadian (about 170 USD) I am guessing they are a higher model. Should I go for them????

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Eggy, why not going with your own custom set? Grab the RE XXX midbass driver and mate it with a Sea's tweeter or something and go active on your front stage? :) It would be fun and sound kick ass!

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#1SomeGuy said:
Eggy, why not going with your own custom set? Grab the RE XXX midbass driver and mate it with a Sea's tweeter or something and go active on your front stage? :) It would be fun and sound kick ass!
Actually I have made the decision to sell my system guys...

As much as it pains me to do, I had a really cheap install done by friends who I thought knew what they were doing. Since then, I have ended up going to the shop to get the stereo fixed on a weekly basis. I've gone through 3 amps, the car dying, and a whole lot of other shit, and after taking it to another shop and having them tell me "it sounds like your system has a short. I would get it looked at immediately". I have pretty much given up. I would consider having it looked at by a better shop, but that would probably end up putting me down a few more bills, and I simply cannot afford it.

Ryan, I wish I knew someone like you around here who could help me figure out what the fuck to do. But right now, I have nothing. If I can get a good price on my equipment it's gone...

Sorry guys... thanks for the input anyway...

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Acrux said:
you can get a/d/s/ 6.5 comp set for $250... if that gives you a heart attack.. wow...
The cheapest i've seen 246ix comp's go for is $400

Unless they produce something I don't know about, the 245ix (5.25") is the cheapest in their linup.

Unless your talking used/ebay/some cheap wierdo online shop..

If your going A/D/S/ no reason to skimp out.. 346 series or BUST.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Eggy you're welcome to come up and I'll take a look at things for you. Won't charge you, the only cost is the roadtrip.

What shape is that SE in? I might find a buyer ;)

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
#1SomeGuy said:
Eggy you're welcome to come up and I'll take a look at things for you. Won't charge you, the only cost is the roadtrip.

What shape is that SE in? I might find a buyer ;)
The SE is great other than what I told you about earlier. I'm taking the system in one last time today... so I'll let you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts