Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wtflol:

It's been 2000 miles since my top end rebuild (rebuilt head, ARP's, composite h/g, 80 ft/lbs) and last night, I started up the car to white smoke out the tailpipe! LOTS! Unfortunately, I had to get the car home (~10 miles) because I couldn't check the car out where I was, but this morning I checked it out. Oil and coolant look fine (no cross-contamination whatsoever) BUT I've got smoke/steam coming from around the exhaust manifold (cracked head or DEAD h/g?) when I give it gas, weird coolant bubbles (like soap bubbles almost) and this is all when it reaches operating temps. On warmup, it's fine. So, my question is this. Could anything else cause these symptoms? I really don't wanna spend x amount of dollars and x hours on a car I'm only gonna drive for the next couple of months (leaving for Japan WooT!) Any ideas?

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy who machined it was/is an MKIII guy himself, so he knows how it's gotta be. I'll try retorquing the head bolts tho, I've always heard you shouldn't retorque ARP's, but like I said, I'm going to Japan, so I don't really care about the long term's of the car anymore. As long as it lasts for a couple more months, but damn. Swift kick in the nuts by the Supra here ya know? Anyways, if anyone in NE wants another MKIII for pretty cheap ($2,000) or has a reliable beater they'd trade straight up, lemme know. I'll consider any (honest) offer, as I said, just a couple more months. Heck, I'd prolly sell the beater back to the original owner before I left if they wanted it back, just a couple months is all I need... Check the NE-USA forum, the car's already posted there w/ a pic, more pics to come....

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
does the car overheat? or is it just blwoing smoke out?

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It managed to "evacuate" about a gallon of coolant in 10 miles, so the temp gauge was maxed out (air around thermo) most of the time. But when it did read right, it was ok...a little bit high, but not bad. Fludiyne at work there :D But yes, it blows smoke once warmed up, I'm gonna retorque, I can't believe that slipped my mind, must be the beer talking, hehe....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts