Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure but I think my TPS is either going or is gone. I dont know alot about these cars but when I am driving along from about 40mph and up it will just start studdering and if I tap the gas it will be fine for a bit then it will start again.

Also, if I am going about 30 or 40 and push in the clutch and let the rpm's go down, it will die somtimes.

I do have a few boost leaks that I am taking care of, but I wouldent think that a boost leak would have anything to do with it, because im not boosting when it happens.

Any ideas?? thanks.

--Eric--

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, I unplugged my tps and drove around a bit, and it drove the same as it did with it plugged in. so I got a new one, works great.

now I just have the fun task of finding and fixing my boost leaks

·
Registered
596 Posts
did the new tps fix your problems? because when my tps died all i experienced was high idle and the engine light was on. as well as NO power

·
Registered
229 Posts
as in no power? did it still pull alright? or no power at all... my car is getting owned by hondas and golfs ATM so im trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive gotten a few of the leaks taken care of, replaced the injector o rings last night, then when I put it all back together, I realized it was leaking out the intake side not the fuel rail side..... :doh: so yeah, I need to get the seals and tear all that sh!t down again tonight and see if that does the trick.

anyone else have the problem of all 6 injectors leaking boost? my buddy was thinking that maybe the 3 fuel rail spacers were not the right size. The spacers are metal with a black plastic thing that goes on top of it, thats stock right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts