Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I noticed the BOV fluttering in between shifts, so I took it off. I was able to blow air straight through it. So this means the BOV is shot, right? Would you guys reccomend an open atmosphere BOV for the sound or a close looped system BOV? I want something fairly cheap, but durable. How bad is it on the turbo? I assume the surge could F it up pretty bad. Let me know guys. Thanks..

Tanner

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Most likely if you're running higher boost, or start modding your Supra, you'll want to replace your stocker. As far as getting an aftermarket BOV, there's many options you can go. Pretty much 90% of the members here will tell you get the HKS SSQV, it's a great product that's quite durable. But if you something a little quitier, the Saab bov is another option that severl ppl have tried and find to work well. Of course if you get a BOV that's venting to the atmos. it'll have a nice sound to it (Depending on the BOV) but if you get a BOV that's recirculated back into the intake, it'll take away most of the sound, but the plus side is, you won't have to worry about backfiring whenever you shift of let off the gas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I read some posts and I think I'm going to go with the Bosche Porsche BOV. It's pretty damn cheap and people say it's durable. Would it be safe to plug the BOV holes for now rather than leaving it on? I'll have to wait about a week before the new one comes in. Can I Fuck up my engine/turbo if I use my broken BOV? Thanks..

Tanner

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i thought when the bypass valve failed it would fail in the open position. wouldn't that be a big ass boost leak and wouldnt it let the air out when he let off the gas? why would you get surge if it fails in the open position?

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
You can go either way for the time being. Keep it on and have a boost leak. Take it off, cap the ports and have some compressor surge. Personally, I'd just cap it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts